Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Shoei RF-1100 helmet with the clear visor and I'm looking to get a 2nd one that is tinted. I don't want to switch back and forth so I need one that also works at night (like at 10pm and really dark outside).

Based on what I've read, the dark smoked one is too dark for night riding. Anyone have recommendations?

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have a Shoei RF-1100 helmet with the clear visor and I'm looking to get a 2nd one that is tinted. I don't want to switch back and forth so I need one that also works at night (like at 10pm and really dark outside).

Based on what I've read, the dark smoked one is too dark for night riding. Anyone have recommendations?
I just have to get over the fact that when im on a 12 hour shift I need to bring the clear visor just incase its dark.

Have a blue iridium visor for my Shoei but its like wearing sunglasses at night, stupid and dangerous. As far as im concerned clear visors should be work at low light levels and tinted when its sunny or bright but cloudy.
Unless you can find a photochromic visor that fits your helmet? or a helmet with flip down sunglasses :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
i would suggest bring you sunglasses and just put the clear visor on. bring the sunglasses is easier then another visor imo

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Meh just suck it up and switch it takes five seconds and a table to ready the lids on. Seriously

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
652 Posts
Or you could use a tinted pinlock during the day and take if off at night.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Swapping lens/wearing sunglasses is the best I can think of as well. Not sure if Shoei makes tinted pinlock lens.

Or if money solves everything - snag a GT Air :D

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
You can pretty much get whatever pinlock you want, but it might have to come from the UK :p It's how I got a protectint (photochromatic) pinlock insert for my AGV helmet. There are one's available for shoei as well on ebay if you want something like that. So far, my impression is that it doesn't tint super dark but it still works pretty well. Perfectly clear at night. Oh and of course there's that nice anti-fog part of pinlock!

·
Registered
652 Posts
I got Shoei CW-1 w\ pinlock lens from Helmet City a week ago. Shipping was super fast.

·
Fast Lane Ukraine
1,343 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread...but I am interested in getting a 'day' shield.

I'm looking at a dark smoke and dark silver iridium. My question is, what does the silver iridium look like from the outside? Is it similar to the dark smoke?

·
Registered
159 Posts
When are they going to make a Transition Lens for motorcycle helmets? I used to have a paintball mask with transitions and they weren't that much more expensive (like $40 extra).

·
Registered
345 Posts
When are they going to make a Transition Lens for motorcycle helmets? I used to have a paintball mask with transitions and they weren't that much more expensive (like $40 extra).
Bell is the only brand that has transition lens shields for their helmets as far as I know.

·
Registered
44 Posts
As another poster said, I just slip my Polarized Sunglasses on after my helmet is on. Works Great!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Bell's photochromic shield is awesome. Goes from light to dark almost instantly. And it's not too dark either. The reason why I chose Bell. Can use it on all their helmets, I own a couple Bell helmets, really easy to swap them out.

Wish more manufactures make these shields.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Chrome visor.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts