Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been in contact with Ohlins or any other company's to see when new choices will be out for the 300?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I am trying to keep everything I add or change to parts that are made for the bike is all.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Why? It is 100% reversible and fully customizable via any decent suspension shop for valving and springs. It is a bolt on mod that cost under $50 compared to near or over $1000 for an Ohlins that you couldn't tell the difference between if they were set up the same in spring and damping. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Ohlins says nothing on the Radar as of now... Sweden slow to react.

Penske and JRi are still collectiing data.

Reactions: veksdeath

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its just one of the things I do, don't know why but I just have a hard time putting things on a bike that were not made for the bike.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
OK, I stand corrected, you need to chop a 6" X 2" plastic tab off, that does nothing. :eek:

I think you can replace the now cut but perfectly functioning airbox for alot less than the price difference of a Ohlins but nobody would notice the flap was gone anyway.

Hey, I'm all about top level suspension (I have a KTM factory SX team shock on my KTM) but the fact is the top level Japanese Showa and KYB, (and WP) stuff is really good. The stocker isn't valved or sprung badly, it is just a non rebuildable or adjustable turd that will be in a state of deteriorated performance within a few thousand miles.

The forks are the real problem suspension wise anyway when the shock is still fresh.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya I like having full control of my suspension. On all of my past bikes I would just take the shocks into Pro taper and have them rebuilt but I didn't think I would be able to with this bike. So time to upgrade.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya I'll pass on that and get a better one all around. lol Has anyone had the EC (electronic control) one before? I just saw it and was looking on feed back as in is it any better or not.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
That should bolt right in, a guy with a last gen bought my OEM 300 shock. But you see the $$$!!! :eek:

For under $75 I installed my GSXR shock with all the hardware and have a second one paid for on the shelf if I decide to revalve it.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Do you hack up the undertail or the air box or both? my airbox will be gone soon, but I want to project the pod filter as much as possible so dont want to hack up the undertail if it will compromise getting water into filter..

I will probably do this mod eventually.. Maybe in the spring time, time many other mods going on right now haha..

Seen these shocks on ebay for CHEAP..

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Ah, IDK from where I'm sitting, look under the bike, ahead of the rear wheel, there is a flap of plastic angled down/back behind the rear shock. That is right where the res is on the new shock. i think it is a part of the airbox. You could fashion a flap of rubber to replace it anyway if you want a splash shield. There are shock booties if you are worried about the hugger not giving enough protection but at $25 a shock, the booties are nearly twice the price! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts