Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aaaaaaaaa! Help! It's the foot peg mount, the silver bit where the shifter screws into. It's internally stripped! I've tried other screws and that thin wrap you put around screws and it's still loose! What should I do? I've checked online and nowhere says anything! Say I don't have the funds right now to replace the foot pegs, do I re-thread it? If so, can you guys help me with what size and all of that? I know the screw is m8 x 1.5.
The bolt is fiiine, but the part I circled is def done for.

Sorry if there's another post like this out there.
Thanks.
:(

·
Registered
316 Posts
You have a two options - repair or replace.

To repair, you would need to disassemble everything, drill and tap the hole oversize, and install the proper insert.

To replace, either buy a new OEM part or search for a good used one here or on eBay.

Personally, I think replacing it with a used one would be the easiest and probably least expensive solution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have a two options - repair or replace.

To repair, you would need to disassemble everything, drill and tap the hole oversize, and install the proper insert.

To replace, either buy a new OEM part or search for a good used one here or on eBay.

Personally, I think replacing it with a used one would be the easiest and probably least expensive solution.
ya, that's fair @ replacement. Thanks, man <3

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don’t worry bro, there’s plenty of solutions to get you back on the road for a small amount of money. Have you found a replacement bracket? If not I can send you a link to get one off eBay for around 26$. It’s a great deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts