Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Sharkskinz Racing Bodies needs to borrow a bike.

8K views 31 replies 7 participants last post by  Peanut_EOD 
#1 ·
If anybody is in central Florida preferably on the eastern side near Sebastian, FL please contact Sharkskinz. I have already given up my bodywork to be used for the molding process, but they need a bike to put it on. Please help get more options for track/race bodywork on the market. Right now only Hotbodies is available.:D

#3 ·
How long would they need it for?

#4 ·
I don't know what kind of freebies if any they are giving out for the use of a bike. That's between you and Sharkskinz. I also don't know how long they'll need them for. Give them a call and ask. They're nice people.
Their phone number is: (772) 388-9621 You can also email them at sharkskinz@aol.com

#5 ·
E-mailed.

#7 ·
"Hi,
Thank you for writing. While we are building the molds for the bodywork, and possibly after they're done, we may need a motorcycle for a fitment check. I will keep your email on file, and let you know more details if it turns out we're going to need a bike. We are in Sebastian, which is about 30 min. south of Melbourne on the east coast.

Thanks again,
Mary"

They talk like they aren't even ready...

#8 ·
They're not ready yet. My bodywork is just being delivered today. When they are getting ready to make the mold they will need a bike. I am trying to get everything lined up for when they are ready.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

#9 ·
Well they have my email on file, they don't want to talk any details now so when they do they have it ;)

#20 ·
They offering you anything for the use of your bike?

They still haven't been in touch with me.

#21 ·
They offering you anything for the use of your bike?

They still haven't been in touch with me.
I'm getting something for giving up my bodywork because the molding process destroys the plastics. They just need a local 300 to hang the bodywork on. I don't know if they are offering anything for that part. That will be between Sharkskinz and whomever's bike they use.

#22 ·
Ya, I know that.

Not trying to sound like an ass but if they wanna keep my bike for a couple weeks I would kinda hope there would be something offered.

#30 ·
I have been emailing back and forth with them,
they are very slow in response and ignore any questions you ask :/

I live in FL and was gonna let them fit to my bike.
Still willing but they walk around my questions every time...

#31 ·
Sorry to hear that. They don't really seem to be too chatty. I also get the feeling that they are a pretty small operation. With it being the beginning of the AMA season they're probably stretched pretty thin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.