Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am about to start getting my ninja set up for the track and racing.

I have bought Woodcraft clipons, Yoshi rearsets, ECB Front brake pads and am planning on getting some preload adjusters and good track tyres soon.

I also want to eventually get a new screen (double bubble), race fairings, some good levers.

What are the vital upgrades to get for racing?

Any Aussies know the best place to buy what I want?

Best tyres? Rosso II?

Is it worth it to get Brembo brake upgrades?

Cheers.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Bt-003's for tires
Get some springs for your weight
Change out the fork oil to 15wt
Gold valve emulators would be good too
Do a GSXR rear shock swap
I have heard that there is a caliper that can be swapped for the stock one. Maybe GSXR? Not sure though. Oh and gets some SS brake lines. :D

·
Registered
391 Posts
Are you racing or doing track days?

This will dictate what you need to do:
Track days usually consist of:
- changing coolant to water or water wetter
- tape up headlights, mirrors and signals
- decent thread left on tires and one/two piece suit and you are set!

Racing is totally different, first thing to look for is the rule book for the organization you will be racing, that is the "go to" to what you need to do.

Keep in mind what classes you plan on running, as this will dictate the mods you can do 'legally' i.e. Gxsr shock, different master cylinder, tires, etc!

Just of the top of my head, most important things:

- safety wire all bolts which contain any sort of fluid, think oil, coolant, oil reservoir, etc
- safety wire brake caliper/banjo bolts bolts and axle bolts too
- you need a belly pan of some sort to contain fluid
- disconnect all lights, yo include the headlight, taillight, etc
- and some racing organizations require a steering damper.

If you are indeed racing, save your money for tires and track plastics, a must IMO. Don't worry about the Gucci stuff for now and worry about learning how to ride and work on yourself first!

If you are doing track days go crazy with mods, enjoy your bike and most importantly have fun :) hope that helps.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: MjNinja300ABS

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've already raced a 250 so I know all the must do's for setting up the bike for racing (but apreaciated anyway :] ).

Its just track days until end of the year/start of next year. Pretty crazy how expensive race glass for the 300 is. Like a grand + :(.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea braking seems to be what lets the bike down, can't even imagine how bad stock will be after 5 laps around a track :/

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I've already raced a 250 so I know all the must do's for setting up the bike for racing (but apreaciated anyway :] ).

Its just track days until end of the year/start of next year. Pretty crazy how expensive race glass for the 300 is. Like a grand + :(.
Everything you did to the 250 do to the 300.

·
Registered
391 Posts

I have an extra set of track plastics for the N300 unopened in the box. Pm me if your interested, I've been too last to post it up on ebay.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
35 Posts

Hey mate, look up Brilliant Motorcycle Solutions for N300 race glass. I was quoted $660 for a set including DZUS fasteners. (inc $35 discount for picking it up from their place). I will hopefull receive it in 2-3 more weeks so I can't comment on the fit/finish yet.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I've just put a set of DR2 on them, oil change, new windshield, put the rearsets on and topped up the fork oil. Trackday tomorrow ")

Tyres feel great, anyone running them know what pressure to put into them when using warmers?

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
So I've just put a set of DR2 on them, oil change, new windshield, put the rearsets on and topped up the fork oil. Trackday tomorrow ")

Tyres feel great, anyone running them know what pressure to put into them when using warmers?
How did you do the fork oils? If it's too laborious i don't know if I want to tackle it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All I did was take off the clip ons, remove the little cap thing and top it up. It pretty simple, when I have a bit more time I'll remove the forks and change it fully to 15w.

·
Registered
707 Posts
All I did was take off the clip ons, remove the little cap thing and top it up. It pretty simple, when I have a bit more time I'll remove the forks and change it fully to 15w.
Do you have to remove the fork to change the fluid? That sounds like a lot of work.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Do you have to remove the fork to change the fluid? That sounds like a lot of work.
man honestly its not that tough to remove the forks & do an oil change or even replace fork seals for that matter, this is pretty basic mechanical stuff right here, not like we are trying to tear down a motor and replace rings or anything like that

1 - 20 of 26 Posts