Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a deposit on a 300 in Dubai (despite shady VIN, but it is the official dealer). They want me to bring it in for service every 3000 km or every 3 months, which ever comes first. I get the every 3000 km but I don't get the 3 month. During summer I can't ride the bike here (most of the world can't ride in winter), but I still got to go pay the dealer for service?

Does Kawasaki require this for warranty, or is it just mileage based and I can tell the dealer to piss of and stamp my book whenever I come? Would I be missing much if I let the warranty void, its only 10, 000. After three services its gone anyway.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Many people do their own services, and from what I was told by my dealer that is perfectly fine and doesn't void the warranty. So I cannot see not going in every 3 months would do anything to void your stuff. If anything sounds like more of a money maker for the dealership...

·
Registered
958 Posts
Unless they have a different manual for Dubai, the first service is at 1,000 km, the second at 6,000 km, 3rd service at 12,000 km, etc. or 1 year, whichever comes first. So if you only have 500 km. on your bike and it's been a year, you are supposed to still do the service and have the oil changed according to the manual. Nothing about 3 months or 3000 km in my manual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything in this part of the world runs in a different way, one exclusive dealer in the country and they can pretty much get away with anything. I see myself getting into huge arguments with the dealer in the future. When I send my car for service they do not tell me how much, they just give an estimate and they do not call to ask if they can change a part. I am going to be wiser with the bike. Maybe find me a cheap experienced shop (not the dealer) and visit him according to the manual. What do you guys think? Its my first bike, but how complicated could it be...

·
Registered
958 Posts
The good news about the Ninja 300 is that it should be very reliable. I've never taken any of my Kawasaki's in for any service, ever. I owned a 500, 250r, 650r, and now the 300, although I only have 600 miles on this one. All I've done is routine maintenance. Really, if they plan to charge you big bucks, I might just not plan to ever take it back. If they charge say $300 every 3 months, I would pass and go by the manual and do my own maintenance and take my chances. If they don't play by the rules to begin with, they probably wouldn't honor a warranty issue either, I'm thinking. Really, you shouldn't need anything for a long time...long after your warranty expires anyway. 1-year right? I wouldn't buy an extended warranty with these guys. Warranties often work to your disadvantage. Not only is there no refund if you sell or trade the bike early, but they stick you with mandatory service intervals which they charge big bucks for. I read where the valve adjustment on the 250r at 7800 miles...same for the 300 where they take off everything to get to the valves and almost always find they are fine...yes that service, costs $800 or so here. For that reason most people (over half) NEVER check the valves...yet you have the Ninja 250r going for 50,000 miles. If I couldn't do it myself, I probably wouldn't do that either. I have a feeling your dealership is going to charge you over $1,000 for that service and probably take several days to do it too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeh I am thinking I will do what you said, forget them and their warranty, the odds are they wont even honor it. He said avg cost is 300$, if I have to bring it in every three months thats $1200 a year, I would end up paying the equivilant to the bike's price in service over three years. I'll stick to some basic service I do by myself, most likely with the help of a cheap bike mechanic,

·
Registered
420 Posts
My book has 6000km intervals. Oil starts to lose it's viscosity after 3 months. Don't bother with the dealer, once you've exchanged cash your a ghost to them (most anyways). They pay little to nothing for parts, i can't justify paying $300 for a 15 min job. Diy is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dubai Ninja

hey, i had been to Kawasaki Dubai Shk Zayed and hey told me there were only 4 Units got yet and all sold out. i look forward to really buy only asap but i really do have no options rather wait till march for the next shipment for next 4 unit orders which are still not sure. please do let me know if you ever plan to upgrade from the Ninja 300.

Thanks. Cheers 050 9204833

Regards
Pratik

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.