Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after work one day I decided to check the tire pressure before I took off, as I was checking the rear tire I noticed that something was missing. After searching for a few minutes I figured out that someone had stolen my newly purchased and installed spools from my swingarm. It really made me mad because the sale just ended on them at cyclegear and what a random and stupid thing to steal off a bike. Luckily it wasn't the bike but seriously what a pointless item to steal.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Thats so fucking rough!

I'd hate it if my spools got stolen, they weren't cheep!

I might get some loctite on mine to stop this from happening to me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It definitely sucked finding that after a busy day at work, but luckily I picked up cheap spools from cycle gear for $9.99 but now they were $24.99 when I picked up the replacements. Loctite is a good idea and I wished I thought of it before this happened. Oh well live and learn.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you sure they were still there when you got to work?

You need to apply loctite to swingarm spools, otherwise it's not uncommon for them to fall off while riding.

That said, the odds of them both falling off the same day are a bit slim...
I thought about that too but I know that they were on there the night before because I cleaned and lubed my chain but honestly they may have fallen off on my way to work but it does seem unlikely and very unlucky to have them both fall off in one day.

Who steals those haha
Haha. That was precisely my thoughts. I sat there for about 5 minutes going why the fuck would anyone steal those.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
This immediately made me think of that one joke by Dane Cook where he is talking about being a door kicker.

"THEY DIDN'T STEAL ANYTHING! THEY JUST KICKED IN THE DOOR!?"
"WE'RE GETTING A DIVORCE!"

Well instead of someone kicking in your door, they are just gunna take away your little things.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I am sorry to hear that :(

People are pitiful, honestly.
I had someone steal my grenade valve stems from my previous car....so I don't put ANYTHING past people.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'd hate it if my spools got stolen,

Nice ! It's the little details that hurt...Like when someone steals your:

"grenade valve stems"

Ummm, were you sending a particular message with these???;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Nice ! It's the little details that hurt...Like when someone steals your:

"grenade valve stems"

Ummm, were you sending a particular message with these???;)
Ha ha, I enjoy first shooter video games and I thought the grenades looked awesome :D

I agree. Nothing surprises me anymore.:rolleyes: I think they do stuff like that just to see if they can get away with it. IN my complex they like the take the symbols off your car:eek:(well my car anyway:mad:) First they took my Ford symbol:confused: then when I got my Honda they took the symbol off the back.:confused: The funny thing is they door was unlocked and I had a Brand new Pandora radio in the car. :cool:
Ya, people truly are idiots.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I love grenade valve stems.....and skulls, pigs, dice, devil heads, spikes, Kirby, Mario....you get the picture. I really love putting the pig ones on Harleys when they don't have valve caps....Some people don't even notice for a looooong time !!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just wait and see who at or around your job has a motorcycle. They gotta ride to work one day. And when they do, busted!

Where I used to live in NYC you always see over-tweaked out Honda Civics with Lexus emblems or a Chevy Taho with Cadillac emblems. The market for these stolen emblems is pretty lucrative in some areas

·
Registered
839 Posts
You can get emblems right off eBay at any given moment.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just wait and see who at or around your job has a motorcycle. They gotta ride to work one day. And when they do, busted
This would be really possible but because I work at the Hoover dam which is a federal building and I park right where a bunch of tourists frequently walk I'm pretty sure they are to blame not my coworkers, I could be wrong but the tourists that love to sit on my bike are probably the culprits. In fact a few security guards have kicked people off my bike for me when I've been at work because they know I don't like it being touched. :)

I am sorry to hear that :(

People are pitiful, honestly.
I had someone steal my grenade valve stems from my previous car....so I don't put ANYTHING past people.
Those grenade valve stems sound awesome! As soon as I read that all I wanted to do was play call of duty. :) sorry they got stolen tho. :(

·
Registered
839 Posts
This would be really possible but because I work at the Hoover dam which is a federal building and I park right where a bunch of tourists frequently walk I'm pretty sure they are to blame not my coworkers, I could be wrong but the tourists that love to sit on my bike are probably the culprits. In fact a few security guards have kicked people off my bike for me when I've been at work because they know I don't like it being touched. :)

Those grenade valve stems sound awesome! As soon as I read that all I wanted to do was play call of duty. :) sorry they got stolen tho. :(
Ya, That's what I play is Call of Duty :D

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Pft, people should get kicked off of bikes if they don't own them, period. It's about as sensible as climbing onto someone's car. Just because bike isn't enclosed doesn't make it any different. It's someone else's goddamn property!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts