Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not anticipating it yet, but there is a chance that i could be moving to south america sometime soon... granted a not altogether likely chance but it never hurts to anticipate and prepare...

i think i'd be better off paying it off directly, then selling it and repaying the bank's money they granted me, since it seems rather convoluted to sell a bike that you're still making payments on... but what do i know?

obviously i would rather keep my motorcycle but i ain't about to pay personal import duty on a motorcycle when i could just sell and buy one there... maybe even a dirt bike...

of course this is all speculation sooooo nevermind carry on nothing to see here :rolleyes:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Pay it off, get the title, then sell it yourself. Easier and faster to do.

or

Run to South America and pay nothing! (jk)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm in the same situation because I'm considering selling a not-paid-off-yet bike but I'm actually more interested in the "South America" part of this... Where would you be moving to?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ecuador. like I said it's not even close to being a plan in the least just something the love interest and I are chatting about (she lives in Quito; met her here on her vacation). It's a long convoluted story that probably isn't forum appropriate but feel free to pm for more

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ecuador. like I said it's not even close to being a plan in the least just something the love interest and I are chatting about (she lives in Quito; met her here on her vacation). It's a long convoluted story that probably isn't forum appropriate but feel free to pm for more
Understood. My own long convoluted story began with "Well there was this girl from Colombia..." but I won't derail your thread anymore with that.

My motorcycle career actually began after I spent 2 weeks in Guatemala last year and was inspired to ride by all the people on bikes down there. I'd love to live somewhere like that where 2 wheel transportation is so ingrained into everyday life... Buena suerte with the possible move!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Understood. My own long convoluted story began with "Well there was this girl from Colombia..." but I won't derail your thread anymore with that.

My motorcycle career actually began after I spent 2 weeks in Guatemala last year and was inspired to ride by all the people on bikes down there. I'd love to live somewhere like that where 2 wheel transportation is so ingrained into everyday life... Buena suerte with the possible move!
Buena suerte? What's that??? :what: :D

Gracias. otra vez no es garantizado pero... Se no sabe qué pasará hasta ha pasado jajaja.

I would like to.visit Colombia someday but Everytime I make plans to go (I have friends from just about everywhere in the country, either Cali, Bogota, Pereira, whatever) no one gives me any firm date (since they always say I'm going in x come and stay with me)

No matter. Going to Quito in July can't wait. Tal vez yo desapareceré y enseñare inglés a los quiteños jaja... Empezando con la novia mía.

Then again I'm going to have to refine my Spanish since it's very heavily Caribbean based and there are times where she doesn't understand me. Thanks Cuba and DR! ;-)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Buena suerte? What's that??? :what: :D

Gracias. otra vez no es garantizado pero... Se no sabe qué pasará hasta ha pasado jajaja.

I would like to.visit Colombia someday but Everytime I make plans to go (I have friends from just about everywhere in the country, either Cali, Bogota, Pereira, whatever) no one gives me any firm date (since they always say I'm going in x come and stay with me)

No matter. Going to Quito in July can't wait. Tal vez yo desapareceré y enseñare inglés a los quiteños jaja... Empezando con la novia mía.

Then again I'm going to have to refine my Spanish since it's very heavily Caribbean based and there are times where she doesn't understand me. Thanks Cuba and DR! ;-)

Puerto rico best place to live

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts