Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I don't live in the safest if all neighborhoods, and I was wanting to know has anyone bought a security system of some sort? Or any ideas? I wanna keep it on the back patio, but I have to open a gate to get back there. And I usually never get home from work until 3 or so in the morning.

·
Registered
865 Posts
http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/9-ninja-300-parts-accessories/730-what-security-systems-you-using.html

have a thread going for that, check it out! =D

I ordered xena xx14 rear disk lock, its in the mail, so I cant attest to it yet, but others like it. You could even geta front and a rear disk lock if you really wanted tog o above an beyond.

If you could, bolt it down, literally, dig a hole, fill it with concrete and stick an eye hook on top, tie your bike down to it with some sort of lock and chain through a frame area.

Lock your steering wheel.

There are locking covers available.

Get a motion light for your patio.

They also have actual security systems for bikes, with gps build in them and everything so you can track your bike if they get stolen. they are pricey though.
I believe hardracing sells a few of em.

my only other suggestion. if you have a little room, get a shed! lock your bike with whatever you want, discc lock at minimum, and put it in a shed, that way its harder to get to, they have to cut more locks, and its out of sight.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Ghost makes alot of good points. Thing is to slow thieves WAY down to the point they may not want to mess with it. One report said average time to nick a bike is less that 30 seconds. So a shed, locks , Alarm, whatever to try to deter the bastards.. check this video out.... under 15 seconds and gone...

·
Registered
554 Posts
The locks will make it harder but it is still not very hard. A few big guys can just lift it and carry it into a van.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ghost makes alot of good points. Thing is to slow thieves WAY down to the point they may not want to mess with it. One report said average time to nick a bike is less that 30 seconds. So a shed, locks , Alarm, whatever to try to deter the bastards.. check this video out.... under 15 seconds and gone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy0c8nsb4cw
That sucks big time. Ive seen it happen before, nothing beats a chain around the rim and a pole. It doesnt matter where you park it even with an alarm these guy dont care.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
That sucks big time. Ive seen it happen before, nothing beats a chain around the rim and a pole. It doesnt matter where you park it even with an alarm these guy dont care.

Seen on a news shows about doing this.. The who thing was set up for TV but they chained a motorcycle to a light pole in the middle of the day on a very busy crowded street.. They had a guy walk up with a battery powered cutoff wheel. Right in the middle of the crowd he cut off the chain, then kicked the bars to break the handle bar lock, then he pushed it a block down the sidewalk and loaded it onto a truck. Not one person said word to him and not one person call the police or anything.. Hundreds of people seen it happen and not one person cared at all..

:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
554 Posts
^ yea most people wouldn't stop them because it's not their bike.

If i saw someone steal a bike they better know how to run. I don't care if it's not mine I'm chasing after them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Seen on a news shows about doing this.. The who thing was set up for TV but they chained a motorcycle to a light pole in the middle of the day on a very busy crowded street.. They had a guy walk up with a battery powered cutoff wheel. Right in the middle of the crowd he cut off the chain, then kicked the bars to break the handle bar lock, then he pushed it a block down the sidewalk and loaded it onto a truck. Not one person said word to him and not one person call the police or anything.. Hundreds of people seen it happen and not one person cared at all..

:eek::eek::eek:
Sometimes i wonder if we should even bother. i mean people put alarms on their cars and on bikes and when it does go off. No ***** are given! So whats the point? I guess it comes down to how badly the thief wants your bike and what he'll do to get it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts