Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
new to the forum, just purchased a Z300. I have bought a cheap LED light for the back for extra visibility with the top box (can't include link in post for some reason).

I've used posi-taps to connect everything, the indicators and brake light work fine but can't get the running lights working. Interestingly if I unplug the stock light and put the wire directly into the connector then it works but doesn't from the posi-tap, I have also checked the posi-tap with a multimeter and it's reading 12 V so I'm puzzled as to why this isn't working.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

·
Registered
914 Posts
First issue is using posi-tap. I suppose there may be some legitimate application for them, but that is not this. You got a fair chance of fixing the problem just doing the electrical connections right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The D in LED stands for Diode.. You may want to check your polarity....

I rebuild salvage bikes, because I enjoy it, right now I am working on an EX300 for my daughter. When I get the things, 3 out of 4 of them have various wirenuts, penetration taps, and stuff twisted together and taped with anything from electrical to masking. ALL of that has to come out to pass the title inspection. A Molex crimper, and pins and plugs is not a huge investment, a soldering iron, shrink wrap and a heat gun is more expensive, but more practical.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts