Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy myself one of these.. Stuck on colors though..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170972641896?

My bikes is white with a few small red accents, and some black carbon fiber.. And I am just doing the front seat as I have a cowl.. I see this person sells seat cowl bumper covers so I am talking with them about that as well.

I dont want to overkill on the red though..

Was thing of a few options, keep in mind just the front seat again... (in no specific order)
1 - Red Carbon Fiber Outer With Smooth Black Interior
2 - Red Carbon Fiber Outer With Carbon Fiber Black Interior

Or keep it simple and dark
3- Black Carbon Fiber Outer With Smooth Black Interior

If I can get them to make me a bumper bad should I I just get Carbon Fiber Black, as smooth black would not look much different?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Keep me updated on this,
I personally think the red would look tacky on the seat.

But of course that is JUST my opinion,
as just like poop, we all have em and everyone's is different.

I say black carbon w/ smooth black would look awesome. :)

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was thinking the same thing myself...

If i get a smooth center section then I would not need a bumper cover either..

Just another cheap little mod to make it look a little different..

They posted a B.I.N. for just the front seat cover as well.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170973013733

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I am gonna go option #3, seen some pics of CF next to CF and it just didnt look good.. And seen pics of red and yes it did look tacky, just to bright and out of place..

·
Registered
839 Posts

Agreed!

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There a a few here and there, nothing recent because I tore my bike apart to install the Area-P tuner, and left it apart waiting for a block off plate.. And now I ordered the projector retrofits so I might as well just leave it apart haha..

I dont get excited posting pics because I suck at taking them, plus is cold/dark/raining right now..

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I best offered $30 for the front seat cover and won.. Just a FYI to anyone that is interested...

·
Registered
839 Posts
I best offered $30 for the front seat cover and won.. Just a FYI to anyone that is interested...
Thank you for the heads up ;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Did they do a listing for black carbon on black for ya?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I went with the front seat buy as shown. Will use an air stapler and try to place new cover over existing factory cover for an extra layer of padding. Hope I will be able pull it tight enough for a good fit over top the existing cover.

Will post pic's at the end of Feb. when down.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went with the front seat buy as shown. Will use an air stapler and try to place new cover over existing factory cover for an extra layer of padding. Hope I will be able pull it tight enough for a good fit over top the existing cover.

Will post pic's at the end of Feb. when down.
I did contact them couple weeks ago and they emailed back that it fits great over the original stock seat (so if you did not like it no destroying the stock seat
For the discounted price why not?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I got it all installed, I will need to get some pics up of it.. Been extremely focused on my projector project the last week haha..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts