1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
White's too flashy in my opinion. I'd stick with black

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's vinyl and can be cleaned with most cleaners. It's also a race bike.
It can be cleaned, but trust me, you dont want white, IT WILL STAIN. an example is some od the new chevys with a light grey leather/vinyl interior. people ask if they can get the blue removed from the seats and we use our best cleaner and it just wont come out. it sucks, but white is always a bad idea. especially in boat seats, if you see some boats with white, they turn tan. Not trying to rain on your parade, but after being in an upholstery shop for almost 3 years i know how bad white can be. It looks great the first couple months! but after that its just awful. Sorry man. And as a side note, silver is even worse, for some reason the silver rubs off with common wear and especially cleaner. it leaves like a light yellow color when the silver rubs off.

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It can be cleaned, but trust me, you dont want white, IT WILL STAIN. an example is some od the new chevys with a light grey leather/vinyl interior. people ask if they can get the blue removed from the seats and we use our best cleaner and it just wont come out. it sucks, but white is always a bad idea. especially in boat seats, if you see some boats with white, they turn tan. Not trying to rain on your parade, but after being in an upholstery shop for almost 3 years i know how bad white can be. It looks great the first couple months! but after that its just awful. Sorry man. And as a side note, silver is even worse, for some reason the silver rubs off with common wear and especially cleaner. it leaves like a light yellow color when the silver rubs off.
I understand your concern, but remember this is a race only bike. It would take a few years to get a couple months of normal wear out of it. Especially since my race time will be split between two bikes this season. I also have more vinyl I can redo the seat with. I'm not really looking for longevity here. I already have the vinyl. If the white looks shitty then I'll just redo it in black. Keep the opinions coming.:D

·
Registered
958 Posts
Actually I'm gonna suggest blue, you have it on your helmet, leathers and front fairing, and I think it go's well with the green. Although I do think white will look good also, as you have a lot of white on the bike :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Actually I'm gonna suggest blue, you have it on your helmet, leathers and front fairing, and I think it go's well with the green. Although I do think white will look good also, as you have a lot of white on the bike :D
What he said. I love that blue and green color combination and it would complement all of the blue you have in the bike and your outfit.

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The blue suggestion is interesting. Maybe I'll try that next. This time I already had the white and black vinyl. I did it in white. We'll see how long I like it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.