Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday it was bucketing down on the way home from work , so i found myself a nice little side street with no traffic and went at 60kmph, pulled the clutch and jumped on front/rear brakes.

sensational. pulled up very nicely and i could feel the abs working hard front/rear and it tracked straight as an arrow.

awesome stuff.every bit as good as my k1200RS ABS was over 10 years ago if not better.

· Registered
131 Posts
Yeah that what I figured, but what about when crashed bikes start showing up?

I honestly don't know what Kawasaki was thinking, only offering ABS on the SE. I would gladly pay an extra $500 for a black 300 w/ABS. I'm not gonna go through the trouble of painting my bike or swapping plastics and tank just for ABS though.

· Registered
86 Posts
Glad to hear the ABS functions well. I labored over the pro's and con's for over a week. It just comes down to you don't need it...until you do. I decided it was worth the $500 for that one time I'll need it. That's the same as my deductible so I figure I'm just paying it up front and saving a lot of pain and hassle.

· Registered
3,936 Posts
Unfortunately I believe the ABS model uses a different caliper, instrument display(for the ABS light,) and of course that abs module. Unfortunately in most accidents the front and rear ends are usually almost completely destroyed most of the time so getting a good parted out ABS brake caliper could be a bit of a pain to find. Not to mention, I'm not too sure how durable the little ABS module in this bike is and have no clue how well it'd hold up. Hell, the easiest part to get in one piece will probably end up being an instrument cluster. The good thing is that the base Ninja has all the mounting points and electrical setup for the ABS already. So if you can source all of the parts you should be able to install them. Buying the parts separately new would be most expensive than just buying an ABS bike and buying new fairings for it.

I haven't been able to engage the ABS quite yet. Been doing quite a few hard runs (I break it in like I stole it,) with some hard breaking to set the pads, but haven't felt the ABS pulse yet. Guess I'll have to do it on a nice rainy straight away.

· Registered
252 Posts
Glad to hear the ABS functions well. I labored over the pro's and con's for over a week. It just comes down to you don't need it...until you do. I decided it was worth the $500 for that one time I'll need it. That's the same as my deductible so I figure I'm just paying it up front and saving a lot of pain and hassle.
+1 that's a good way to look at it!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.