Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had this helmet since I bought my bike (February 15, '13) and have only switched the screen a handfull of times since i usually only ride during the day. last night I decided to go check out the fire damage from the Camarillo Spring fires that happened this last weekend in CA. As I went to put the clear shield on, I noticed that part of the "lining" was ripped. Should I hassle with Scorpion and try and get a replacement or should I not worry about it. It doesn't look like it changes the integrity of the helmet, just looks trashy.

Top: Left, unaffected
20130509_111158.jpg
Bottom: Right, Torn
20130509_111146.jpg

·
Registered
163 Posts
My wife and I both have had Scorpion helmets and gear. The helmets by the end of the second year were falling apart, trim pieces coming off, sun visor binding, over all disappointing. We replaced them last fall with Icon helmets. The gear we have is still good shape, but then we have several jackets, and pants that get changed according to weather. Helmets see a lot more use, and I generally replace every five years (Shoei, Scorpion, Icon is what I have had going to Arai next).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts