Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After debating for a while weather to get a new helmet and Sharktooth as I now have a Shark that dosn't fit sharktooth I thought id try out some helmet speakers. Motocomm Thumper 1, Fail! the speakers were around 12mm thick so they really hurt getting the helmet on and off and were quite uncomfortable! Then there was the plugging in and unplugging, andalso a fair bit of mucking around to get them right on your ears. With all this they were quite pointless as unless you were stopped all you were hearing pretty much was noise!
They lasted 3 days!
I bit the bullet and shelled out for Scala Rider G9! WOW! Before I bought I checked the speaker size and they are about 4mm thick, awesome no more discomfort. I can ride on the freeway and easily hear music and phone conversations are loud and clear! The recipient said there was a bit of background noise but could hear me well. I can control my music app on my phone (Bluetooth connection) with voice commands, as opposed to setting it on play and then stopping it when I get off the bike! And I cant wait to use intercom with fellow riders on ride days!
The main reason I was interested in something like this was so I can communicate with my wife whilst cruising 2 up!

That's 5 thumbs up from me!

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
After debating for a while weather to get a new helmet and Sharktooth as I now have a Shark that dosn't fit sharktooth I thought id try out some helmet speakers. Motocomm Thumper 1, Fail! the speakers were around 12mm thick so they really hurt getting the helmet on and off and were quite uncomfortable! Then there was the plugging in and unplugging, andalso a fair bit of mucking around to get them right on your ears. With all this they were quite pointless as unless you were stopped all you were hearing pretty much was noise!
They lasted 3 days!
I bit the bullet and shelled out for Scala Rider G9! WOW! Before I bought I checked the speaker size and they are about 4mm thick, awesome no more discomfort. I can ride on the freeway and easily hear music and phone conversations are loud and clear! The recipient said there was a bit of background noise but could hear me well. I can control my music app on my phone (Bluetooth connection) with voice commands, as opposed to setting it on play and then stopping it when I get off the bike! And I cant wait to use intercom with fellow riders on ride days!
The main reason I was interested in something like this was so I can communicate with my wife whilst cruising 2 up!

That's 5 thumbs up from me!
I bought the Q3 and have been very pleased with it, the only gripe i have with it is, when your playing some alternative rock, the music can be a bit ear drum busting, but then again thats what the volume is for. Im still getting use to all the features though

·
Registered
344 Posts
Been riding with the G9 since they were released. Works great with the BMW bike bluetooth system and when I was using an iPhone 5. Now with the Ninja 300 and my new Samsung S4 the voice commands are not so good any longer. It works, but the voice commands are hit or miss and to me that was the really best part of the G9. Can't blame the G9 for this. My S4 has trouble with the bluetooth in my '13 WRX as well.

The G9 is the best motorcycle communicator I have used to date! I have tried a few too :).

·
Registered
136 Posts
Bluetooth headset intercom / phone use

Anyone have recommendations for a comfortable, good sounding (music) bluetooth intercom / headset system? I'm looking to fit to a Shoei XR900 which I believe doesn't have special cutouts for earphones.

Uses:
- Listen to music - must have good sound quality (esp. bass) - sound cancelling?
- Chat with pillion via BT
- Make / Receive calls (iPhone 5) via BT

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use scala g9! Sounds ok, very loud but I think you will have trouble getting something with good bass in something small enough to squeeze into your helmet! Unless you go with a good set of in ear buds! But I like the scala I'm happy with the sound and their hassle free! Just like putting your helmet on!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts