Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw that no one has posted here yet, i know there aren't too many 300s in WA yet but be good to say Gday once there is if any one is out there :)

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I am in WA mate, had my 300 for about 3 months now. Awesome fun to ride. Just waiting on my full system to come and will be back on the road. I live in Rockingham where abouts are you located mate??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey bud, good to see someone else from WA on here. Definitely a fun bike to ride, just bought a place in Leeming. You been riding long?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Yeah around 20 years including off road, but about 12 years on road. Mainly only 250's as I never really felt the need to ride much more although I did have a GSX-R 600 for a while, cant believe I am not dead. The 300 is definitely is an awesome bike to ride mate, what colour did you pick up? I grabbed a black beast.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah nice, I've only been riding about 6 months!! Something I've always wanted to do. Grew up on dirt bikes as a kid though. Got the black aswell, looks great. Any mods yet?
Done a few simple things, sprayed all the bolts black, targe fender eliminator which makes the bike look so much sleeker and looking to plasti dip the windshield black sometime soon as well as replace the rear cowl.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Yep done most of the same:

• All bolts in fairings black
  • Single seat cowl
  • Changed the 14 tooth sprocket to a 15 tooth
  • Did the windshield in the Nite-Shade lens tint (dark as anyways, can see a slight dark reddish tinge in full sunlight, but nearly always black)
  • Fuel Moto EFI Micro Tuner
  • Had a Musarri Racing slip on with a decatted header (so a full system essentially) but now have a Yoshimura full system on order from the states cant wait to get that.
  • K&N air filter
  • Painted the Fuel cap surround in black
  • Rascal Grafik white smoke rim tape
  • Ninja logo bar ends
Havent done the fender eliminator yet, that is really all about that I have left that I want to do.

If I can recommend doing any of the above and what was worth the most bang for my buck......open up your exhaust & get the tuner mate either from Fuel Moto or from Area-P. Same price, was a few bucks under $300 delivered to my door and I bought from Fuel Moto. Literally had it in my hands in less than 1 week (paid for it on a Thursday night, had it in my hand the following Wednesday).

You pretty much have to take apart the whole bike including most fairings, bar the front headlight/cluster/speedo area. Oh and the tank needs to come off, which isnt as daunting as I thought, really easy actually but helps if you have two sets of hands. Took around 1 hour to get it all apart; 10 mins to plug it all in and 1 hour to get it all back together again.

I swear you will think you are riding a different motorbike. Helps if you have a full open exhaust too. But definitely recommend.

Here is a pic from a few weeks ago, although the musarri exhaust is not gonna be on for much longer......... sorta spewin as I really liked the look of the musarri....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice work, the Musarri exhaust looks great!
Hey where did you get the single seat cowl from? and how much if you don't mind me asking?
I quite like the rim tape, I've seen a few on the forum and not thought much of it but looks great on the black. I definitely need to do the wind shield, looks awesome.

Being pretty new to riding I have been thinking about frame sliders also, just don't like the fact it compromises the sleekness of the bike but will save a pretty penny when i eventually drop it.

I'm pretty keen for performance mods just not sure how it will go being on my restricted licence, may just wait till end of the year when i get my open class.

Haven't got any decent pics with the fender eliminator yet but ill take some and post when i get home. I like the look of your bike, very tasteful mods.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Waiting on my Ninja

Hey guys,

Cam from Mt Lawley. Ordered my 300SE about a month ago and still waiting on delivery. Hopefully this week but i've heard some others expecting theirs this week have been told it might be longer.

If anyone knows anything more is in the same situation let us know. I'm hangin out for my bike so I'm hopin ther's no hold up. I've waitied so long already!

Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gday Cam,
I hadn't realised there was such a wait. Hope its not too far away for you mate.
I put a good few hundred clicks on it the past week and been really happy with it.

Jas

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey there guys

Got my Ninja 300 Black ABS a good month ago got about 1300kms in its doing me well as a first bike. Maybe when we get more riders we should go for a ride some day. PS anyone tried the akrapovic exhaust for the 300 yet?

·
Registered
17 Posts
WA

Hey all im in kalgoorlie just got my ninja about 2 weeks ago have only put about 20 ks on it so far but its going to be a lot of riding this weekend hopefully get the first 1000ks on it:cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Afternoon fellas,
Good to see a few more getting on here, sorry bud haven't tried or even heard another exhaust for the 300 yet.
Just shy of 600km on my black 300, seems to be going well.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hey guys I thought id say hello and add another to the ranks.

Had my 300 for about 2 months put just over 1500km's on her. Loving the bike so far.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Forgot to say Hi in this section of the forum... Still waiting for my green ABS SE to arrive (Hopefully next week) Seems like theres a few more 300's based in WA getting on here so maybe a organized ride would be good if anyone else is keen?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Forgot to say Hi in this section of the forum... Still waiting for my green ABS SE to arrive (Hopefully next week) Seems like theres a few more 300's based in WA getting on here so maybe a organized ride would be good if anyone else is keen?
yea maybe it would but i wont be able to untill at least my as i dont get my propper licence till then ha

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah for sure be keen, none of my mates have bikes so don't have any one to ride with!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts