Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heeeeeeeey everyone...

Well I'm just posting something just to talk about. I bought my 300 to help keep me out of my 06 f150 of spending almost 100 a week on gas going to work right...well since I've gotten my bike...I've bought two helmets...paid off my insurance, got the first service, paid the deductible for my lil accident, bought a leo slip on, bought a spring/summer/fall jacket to ride in, some gloves,and made one payment on the bike. Totaling out to be 1460... In less than two months...wow and I was trying to SAVE money :)

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Heeeeeeeey everyone...

Well I'm just posting something just to talk about. I bought my 300 to help keep me out of my 06 f150 of spending almost 100 a week on gas going to work right...well since I've gotten my bike...I've bought two helmets...paid off my insurance, got the first service, paid the deductible for my lil accident, bought a leo slip on, bought a spring/summer/fall jacket to ride in, some gloves,and made one payment on the bike. Totaling out to be 1460... In less than two months...wow and I was trying to SAVE money :)
Funny aint it. Did the same to keep out of my GenIII powered ute costing me around the same in fuel as you mentioned. Paid 7 grand for the bike but all the extras......its more like nearly 10. For a 300cc bike. Ironic huh.

But fun. :D

·
Registered
655 Posts
Boys and there toys.. I love my Holden SSV Redline but my 300 is way more fun and Ive spent 3k+ on gear and parts for her since the end of Feb :eek:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Having a bike is a very expensive hobby, I know that now.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Well, my 2000 f150 hasn't moved but twice in two months...soooo, i've used the money i've saved to put into mine....ummm....almost. LOL...
Seriously, now that i've gotten the ninja where I want it for the present, I will start saving money. The wife and I went out riding last weekend and it only cost us $12 bucks for gas to top off both bikes and $12 bucks for lunch. If I had taken the truck, it would have been about $50 bucks in gas to top it off and I would have to refill it when I got back, so I figured I saved about $80 bucks on the saturday ride, now multiply that by 4 weekends a month...not too bad. I can live with that....plus the ninja is soooo much more fun and I don't break down anymore while four wheelin'! , cause i'm two wheelin' now!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought my 1st bike in 2007 cause of gas and just got my 300 so i don't have to keep filling the 2010 avalanche, and i haven't spend a dime, not even planning on upgrading anything on the 300, will ride it stock till it falls

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I just bought my bike for money. Still never drive the tundra, still take the Nissan to work :(, and now I ride for no reason besides its fun. Yea, riding just costs be money. Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I commute as much as possible on the bike unless I'm going somewhere new for the first time. I don't like taking my eyes off the instruments and road while riding unless I really have to, and dicking around with a GPS unit while riding in congested CA freeways and roads seems like a surefire way to eat asphalt. If I can remember the route and it's under 500 miles to get there, I'll ride it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Last month I drove the car 400 miles, the truck 250 miles and 996 miles on the bike.
Car cost 10k
Truck cost 1.65k
Bike cost 4k

31 days on one tank of fuel in the car. 39 days on one tank of fuel in the truck. Car has less than 17 k miles total, it's a 2011 (11/10 production). Truck is a 97 and it has 128 k miles. Both car and truck get half the miles they used to before I got this bike. Now that the weather is warmer I can ride every day unless it is raining bad.

I sold 3 older bikes to buy this one. $2050, $2100, and $1200 for the three bikes and paid $4k for the Ninja. $1350 ahead.

regards
Mech

1 - 11 of 11 Posts