Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if someone in the area would be willing to get me started until I can take the MSF course so I can start practicing. I am a complete noob with 0 motorcycle experience and haven't even driven a manual trans car! 33yo with less experience than a 16yo and a brand new 300 sitting in the garage with 0mi! Lol

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'm not sure what members we have in your neck of the woods,
also, sometimes Youtube tutorials can be great to help you kind of get an idea as well.

I'll keep my eyes open for people in your area :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Msf course will help you alot and teach you some valuable skills that may save your life one day. Motorcycle is easy just need to practice shifting smoothly and quick stops. Best of luck to you and safe riding

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would think you might want to risk their bikes rather than yours. Do you have a start date for the MSF course?

~mike
This was my exact mentality, but I have had my bike sitting in my garage for over a month now and it is driving me nuts! I was planning to take the msf course the beginning of this year but my wife recently decided that since I bought MY bike she wants to take the class with me and learn to ride it as well, so now I have to come up with $500 instead of $250, so that has put a delay on it. I have been watching videos but I really want someone there to walk me through it one on one so I don't do anything wrong or stupid! Lol

·
Registered
561 Posts
Btw I'm in National City.

ahhhh i'm in san marcos, but i know there is at least one person from chula vista on the forum.

but thats awesome your wife wants to take the MSF as well, i'm waiting for it to warm up a bit before i take the class. plus i'm still trying to figure out why its $250 for me but under 21 is $150....

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahhhh i'm in san marcos, but i know there is at least one person from chula vista on the forum.

but thats awesome your wife wants to take the MSF as well, i'm waiting for it to warm up a bit before i take the class. plus i'm still trying to figure out why its $250 for me but under 21 is $150....
Yeah I saw that and it doesn't make much sense to me either & agree about it warming up but since I'm starting classes again in 2 weeks I wanted to get it done before, but that's not going to happen now.

I'm not thrilled about her taking the class or driving my bike. She doesn't have the coordination or smarts to ride a bike. The last thing she piloted that wasn't a full on vehicle was a quad and she wrecked it ended up with 2 broken bones in her wrist, and it wasn't from doing some crazy stunts, it was just from trying to drive it and stop it!

·
Registered
561 Posts
LMAO....

Yeah there is no reason for females to driving any type of vehicle with a motor in it.... oh **** did I just say that out loud.... :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i see who wears the pants in that relationship...

har har harrrr :)
She's just stubborn so I'll let her figure out on her own that she really doesn't want anything to do with it!

·
Registered
909 Posts
She's just stubborn so I'll let her figure out on her own that she really doesn't want anything to do with it!

at the cost of your bike? better get some sliders.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Bring it.. BRING I.T. !
Haha

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

hahaha...

your reply is like playing jeopardy...

Bran: Alex I'll take Men Rule for a $1000 please.

Alex: Correct response to "Make me a sammich"

Bran: What is "bringing it BRINGING I.T."

Me: Hahahahaha :D:eek::p

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I hope she has some safety gear going into this course. Also, not to discourage you or anything, but I know the instructors don't like it when couples take the course together. They can be a distraction to one another, and if one of them falls, the other usually doesn't react too well...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts