Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, here is my dilemma

I have the MRP class this weekend and will have a license by tuesday, and I have all the gear, too. I have been expecting delivery of a black ninja 300 at a local shop for over a month now, just found out I am actually 2nd on the list for a black one from this store. The one on order hasn't officially been released by kawasaki, so they don't even know they are getting it for sure. The guy on the list ahead of me MAY go with green in stead. The chances of me having a black one in the next week or two are probably slim to none (although the dealer said they could try to get one from a different dealer, though I think this will make the price go up). I could have a white one right now.

I have always been on the fence about white vs black, but I think I like the black a little better. I am going to go see the white in person (I think this will help me decide if I like it) and maybe just buy it.

what are your thoughts? will I be disappointed if I "settle" for my second favorite color? maybe I need convinced one way or the other.. convince me!

White vs Black.. GO!

Thanks
Garrett

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But I'm not entirely sure I don't want the white, I do like it. Lol. When I first decided on a 300 I had a hard time deciding between the two to begin with... now if I got a green I think I would definitely regret it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
70 Posts
I love my white, and i personally like it for it being "safer" it will be easier to see at night. And the star dust in it makes it a very pretty color.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I really wanted a white one in the beginning but my wife loved it so I let her have it and I went with black and to be honest I like the look of it more over the white now I've had time with them both.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you don't want to wait and you're ready, I'd say go with the White. They don't show the little "white scratches" and dings as easily as black bikes do, plus they show dirt differently. After helping my friend on his Black Scion TC demo car, we've agreed that black paint is a bitch to keep looking nice. Polish swirls show up more on black too.

If you end up regretting it you can always take a few days and do a nice gunmetal or black plasti-dip for cheap. Maybe you can tell I'm getting a white ;) but those are just a few of my reasons.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Automotive lighting
Automotive lighting Light Headlamp Lighting Lens flare

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
well it is defiantly more visible at night then black. hell if it was a 10% greater chance at being seen ill take it. Im an EMT and work for the city i live in. I dont really want to have my friends/coworkers picking me up off the road so im all for being more visible.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the responses :D

All very good points!

The more I think about it the more I can't decide. Honestly I think if I end up liking it when I see it I'll probably go white just to be able to put rubber on the road sooner. The lady at the dealership didn't seem to confident they'd be getting s black one, and even if they do I'll likely still be waiting for a second one..

·
Registered
66 Posts
It all comes down to what you prefer and what you really want, don't get something your not sure of or just settle on a color just for the sake of getting a bike. I personally prefer the white tho, first black and white if you choose a accent color any color goes with either of the 2. But again I personally like the white better just because its such a unique color, I feel like every other bike out there is black, and I like to be different. Although I did consider the black because I like the all stealth murdered out look. But again it came down to what would make me happy and the white was it.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts