Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped into a shop today as I am planning on buying a 300 in the next two or three months. The salesman recently sold the black one I wanted, but had an SE in stock. Anyway, he made a comment that he wouldn't be getting anymore 300s in for the forseeable future. He stated that Kawasaki won't be shipping anymore 300s this YEAR, but they didn't tell him why...my bs meter was pinging the entire conversation. On the other hand, I can't see where he would really have anything to gain from telling me that since there are two other Kawi dealers within 30 miles....I'll be checking tomorrow.

·
Registered
506 Posts
It's probably a bullshit sales tactic to try to pressure you into taking their existing inventory. Imagine inventory stop coming in closer towards middle to late quarter 3.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
My BS meter is off the charts anytime I speak with a dealer. :D

Mind you this seems to be a more frequent response from dealerships lately, many people have been saying the same thing. May be in preperation for the new 2014 model, who knows. Maybe they are sick of getting emails and letters about the stalling and fairing issues and just thought bugger it, we will fix the problems and just release a new version and stop releasing any more of the current version to save costs.

Or it could just be that the dealer was talking bullshit yes.

·
Banned
277 Posts
There's no need to rush it (not saying you are) and if they are truly unavailable when you want one then there's always the used market. No stress.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Create artificial scarcity. Sell at a higher price. Profit.

They'll also tell you the water delivery man is buying the bike you're looking at THIS afternoon at $7000.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Anyway, he made a comment that he wouldn't be getting anymore 300s in for the forseeable future. He stated that Kawasaki won't be shipping anymore 300s this YEAR, but they didn't tell him why...my bs meter was pinging the entire conversation.

theres been quite a few posts like this all with the same story. i have no doubt they tell you this so they can sell you what is on their show room floor

·
Registered
239 Posts
I actually heard that Kawasaki aren't taking anymore orders as they are having trouble with supply and there trying to fill current orders before the 2014 model is released. Weather its true or not I don't know. But I do know a guy at the local bike shop and last time I spoke to him he said Kawasaki will not send them bikes unless there is and order for it so they cant get floor stock

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
I actually heard that Kawasaki aren't taking anymore orders as they are having trouble with supply and there trying to fill current orders before the 2014 model is released. Weather its true or not I don't know. But I do know a guy at the local bike shop and last time I spoke to him he said Kawasaki will not send them bikes unless there is and order for it so they cant get floor stock
funny you should say that, there has been a few members from the USA say the same thing too.

i do know that kwaka cant keep up with the supply. i spoke to a rep from kwaka australia earlier in the year from their head office when i was waiting for my bike to arrive.i had it confirmed the factory does run 16 hours a day, 7 days a week.

now thats some serious labour that goes into those bikes

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
It's not entirely bunk. Each dealership before a new year starts puts in a unit request based on prior sales and projected sales. Many of the dealerships around my area have already burned through their entire year's worth of allotted stock. Any extras that they usually get is only if the factory is able to fulfill it's current obligations for others or another store isn't able to move inventory and has to trade to another stealership. You have one factory I believe trying to do the entire world's requests for this bike and the 250. I can easily see Kawasaki getting backlogged and denying dealerships overages of stock. I can also see joe sly trying to cut your pockets open from under your nose.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Dealers generally do not seem to know WHEN or even IF they will get bikes in or what color those might be. All they do is estimate. I am sure Kawa will continue to ship out bikes even if one dealer (due to slow sales usually) does not receive any more. I would just shop around. We have Ninja 300s in all colors here in Texas. I have 3 dealerships within 40 miles of me all with Ninja 300s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts