Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, my first crash.. Came down on a side street, on first gear, took a left turn but instead of stopping first, I roll'ed through it in first gear and took it a little too wide... Ended up taking off left side mirror of the park'ed car. I then got off my baby, double check that my baby is fine first. Then I went to my car, wrote a note wiht my name and number because I prefer to settle it in mypocket than going through insurance and left it at the other car's wiper.

Got a tiny tiny little crack on the fairing and the gear shift lever might be bent. Not sure if it's like there or because of the accident.

It did lower'ed my self-esteem a little but after a breathe of fresh air, I hopped back on and continue to ride.
You learn by practicing over and over again and you learn from mistakes right? ...

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Sorry to hear that man...but at least you walked away with all your parts in tact...live to ride another day thats whats important...glad your okay.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hey, at least that was the extent of the damage. Could have been way worse!

The shift lever is easy to bend back. First take it off the bike so you don't break your rear set, then take two box end wrenches (17mm fits nice), slip them over the lever and push them in opposite directions. Almost as easy to bend a stick of butter like that.

I like how you were hiding in the back seat of your car to take the picture hehe :p

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea... I can live with the lever being the way it is since I can still upshift/downshift and it feels fine after the crash. Plus, I am a newbie rider so more accident or mistakes will happen. I'll wait until I am more experience and add some more miles on it then I'll get everthing fix/replace.

Yeah.... I was definitely hiding to take a pic so I have proof of what damage was done incase the owner try to screw me over. Hence another reason why I didn't want to leave my license plate/registration number on the note. I will ask a professional mechanic to give me an estimate value of the cost for it and if the owner try to screw me over, I'll just walk. I made the mess, I'll pay for it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still very upset about the crack on the fairing. Anyone know how much to replace it? Or for just the fairing part if possible.

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Glad it wasn't a serious crash. Here's what Google came up with: http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/kaw/50aa3885f8700226a4146657/cowling-lowers

Looks like you can order parts for the fairings.
Yup that...good thing it wasn't an SE edition, the fairings and stickers are separate I think.

You're looking for the most expensive part on that page - Cowling, CNT, Left, Ebony (unless I'm blind and your bike is not black and/or I mistook which fairing was damaged :p).

*Before you order a fairing...make sure (email or phone) that the parts people can confirm with Kawasaki that your part is not backordered. Backordered stuff sucks...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yup that...good thing it wasn't an SE edition, the fairings and stickers are separate I think.

You're looking for the most expensive part on that page - Cowling, CNT, Left, Ebony (unless I'm blind and your bike is not black and/or I mistook which fairing was damaged :p).

*Before you order a fairing...make sure (email or phone) that the parts people can confirm with Kawasaki that your part is not backordered. Backordered stuff sucks...
STICKERS ARE SEPERATE?!?! Really kawasaki...really? -_____-

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts