Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to remove the seat off the ninja 300 there is a piece of fairing to be removed kinda of like a shape of a triangle, well sort of & it is held on with one screw & a few rubber grommets. there is a small grommet right at the back of the seat it presses in to

or

should i say , DID press in to. the rubber grommet has magically vanished, how or why i have no idea. anyhow, has anyone found say a bag of them for say a reasonable price???
i went hunting on ebay and found these, search on

anyone else got any ideas?

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my local dealer has zero instock, hence the reason why i started this thread in the first place.

the kwaka part number is

DAMPER
92161-0631

and if you look here

http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/kaw/50aa38a3f8700226a41466cf/side-covers-chain-cover

they are $4.25 each. i dunno about you guys, but i think that is a stupendous price to pay. never mind, i will keep hunting & come up with something i have no doubt

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
the internal diameter of the stock part is about 6.4mm an external diameter is 16mm.i might have a chat to SKF or similar and see if they have something, might even check out bunnings.

the ebay listing i gave above has a grommet with a 6.4mm internal diameter & a 9.5mm external diameter. it might work, and for a bag of 50 for just $8.90 with free shipping that sounds better then 4.25 each, infact it works out to be 18 cents each. thats more realistic

these should also fit, ebay - 321090727418

·
Registered
368 Posts
Lol I'm missing those on my bike as well. I've taken my fairings off so many times.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i foun the missing grommet today it was between the fairing & frame. while i had it in my hands i measured it to be double sure of the dimensions. internal diameter is 6.4 mm outside is 13mm on one side at 16mm on the other

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
The stock body work grommets are shit...no nice way to put. The durometer reading on them probably registers next to soft butter.

Try Mcmaster Carr... http://www.mcmaster.com/#push-in-grommets/=nwf4v2 Probably not international but you can see what's available and go from there.The sizes you outlined look pretty standard (1/4 X 1/2, 1/4 X 5/8's, etc). Just have to find the right panel thickness.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The sizes you outlined look pretty standard (1/4 X 1/2, 1/4 X 5/8's, etc). Just have to find the right panel thickness.
the ones i linked to above at ebay look like they will have the right panel thickness.i will order them in the next few weeks to keep as spares. when they arrive i will make a small video of them & compare them to stock

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
the ones i linked to above at ebay look like they will have the right panel thickness.i will order them in the next few weeks to keep as spares. when they arrive i will make a small video of them & compare them to stock
Won't be any comparing to stock ;) I think they made them uber soft for easy on and off. There's plus's and minus's to that but you've found the minus's. The damned things are next to useless. The minus on the harder ones is a pain in the ass to insert. But once they are seated you are good to go...

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
looking thru their web site, the part number to buy is 9600K64 - pack of 100 for $7.65 it has the same dimensions as the oem part

if anyone wants to send me a packet of them to say thanks for cross-referencing them, i would be humbled:D
I was installing my integrated tail light today and noticed one of my grommets missing. I am going to purchase a pack from Mcmaster Carr. Thanks for digging into this, I love the search function.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was installing my integrated tail light today and noticed one of my grommets missing. I am going to purchase a pack from Mcmaster Carr. Thanks for digging into this, I love the search function.

no worries at all, glad to be of assistance:smile:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Cruizin, I wasn't able to find the part number you mentioned on the McMaster site. Did you have to call them up? Maybe I just overlooked it. I will try again after work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can anyone confirm it is indeed the right part number? 9600k64

I will order some as I'm missing one, and I prefer to pay 8$ for 100 instead of 4-5$ for one.

Thank you

1 - 20 of 22 Posts