Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Roaring Toyz:

Black Anodized Contrast Cut Handle Bar Risers fit the 2008-2013 Kawasaki Ninja 250R & Ninja EX300R. These trick new lowering blocks/handlebar risers allow the front end to be lowered 1". These blocks are a quick simple bolt on and will not only allow you to lower the front end but also raise the handlebars 1" and back 1/2" to allow for more comfort and control. This is a great upgrade for vertically challenged riders as well as women riders. Check them out and get your bike the right stance with another high quality part from Roaring Toyz!

So I ordered the Roarin Toyz Handlebar Risers because the pressure on my wrists were hurting them.

What baffles me is that the risers are made so that in order to fit them on the bike, you have to slide the forks up INTO the risers, which completely nullifies their use! You think you are raising your bars up, but by lowering your forks into the risers, you are putting the bars right back where they were in the first place. Because the top of the forks only sit out of the triple clamp by an inch, you have to slide forks up into the triple clamp to reveal more of the top of the fork to fill the risers for strength, otherwise when you turn your bars, the twisting force can bend your bars.

Solution? Cut spacers to bridge the gap to create strength in your bars so that you do not have to slide the forks up (which brings your bars down), thus rising your handlebars up like these risers were made to do.

Cutting a piece of stainless to make spacers.

Top of the fork pictured, and space inside riser.

All done! and much better!

·
Registered
523 Posts
These aren't made to raise the handlebars, they're made to lower the front of the bike and keep the handlebars in the same place.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Yep have to agree with Bro Michigan here, these are to put your bars back in the same position as stock after lowering the front.

But good job with the spacers and getting it up higher. So you are now 1 inch higher than stock position without lowering the front any is that correct?

Good job. ;)

Careful though, apparently if you lower your bike you are totally gonna ruin your handling........:rolleyes: Pffft.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They claim that they will ALSO raise the bars:

These blocks are a quick simple bolt on and will not only allow you to lower the front end but also raise the handlebars 1" and back 1/2" to allow for more comfort and control.

But it worked out in the end, and yes, higher, and more comfy! :)

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
They claim that they will ALSO raise the bars:

These blocks are a quick simple bolt on and will not only allow you to lower the front end but also raise the handlebars 1" and back 1/2" to allow for more comfort and control.

But it worked out in the end, and yes, higher, and more comfy! :)
Yeah thats a bit of clever worded marketing there.

Black Anodized Contrast Cut Handle Bar Risers fit the 2008-2013 Kawasaki Ninja 250R & Ninja EX300R. These trick new lowering blocks/handlebar risers allow the front end to be lowered 1". These blocks are a quick simple bolt on and will not only allow you to lower the front end but also raise the handlebars 1" and back 1/2" to allow for more comfort and control. This is a great upgrade for vertically challenged riders as well as women riders. Check them out and get your bike the right stance with another high quality part from Roaring Toyz!

So they have hidden the fact that you will end up at the same position as stock after lowering the front in the wording by putting "not only". So essentially they are saying that these blocks allow you to lower the front by an inch, and rise your handlebars an inch. Back into stock position, not an inch higher than stock. They just didnt say that which I think they should as its a little misleading. Maybe I will send them a courtesy email ;)

But all in all, you did a mint job and love it when I see people coming up with their own solutions to the problem at hand.

Again cool stuff!!!! Have you been for a good long ride yet?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sure have, Jeff! Put 350kms on her on Sunday. I have 1200kms now in three weeks :).

More more more, I say!

Reactions: jeff

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think my mechanic is also going to send them an email and suggest to make spacers like this for people who only want to raise the bars, not lower the front end. I could not find risers anywhere for this bike that did not also lower the front.

Maybe I'll just get Tim to manufacture risers with his CNC.

Reactions: Diesel and jeff

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
hang on a second. they are handle bar risers. you can *IF YOU WISH* drop the fork tube thru the triple clamp & lower the front of the bike. this will affect handling of the bike.

no need to make risers with a CNC, cos you just bought them

i bought the *EXACT* same thing you have but from a different manufacturer a few weeks ago

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/12-ninja-300-appearance-modifications/3623-1-handle-bar-risers-black-path.html

remove the stock bars, drop on the 1 inch bar risers you just bought and presto, raised the bars 1 inch & now it most definitely feels like a sports tourer

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Top of the fork pictured, and space inside riser.
All done! and much better!

a spacer???

what for???

the fork tubes are not moving anywhere cos the triple clamp hold it all together

did you notice when you remove the handle bars the forks stayed put & the bike didnt crash to the ground???

no need for these spacers at all

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Careful though, apparently if you lower your bike you are totally gonna ruin your handling........:rolleyes: Pffft.

if you lower the front by just 10millimeters your going to quicken up the rate of turn your bike an do, dropping it by 25mm is going to sharpen it up a *WHOLE LOT* more

if you want the bike to turn slower, rise the forks by 10 millimetres

by turn faster i mean that you will decrease the turning circle of the bike, there by make it turn quicker, but you lose clearance at the front cos the fairing under the motor will hit the ground more easier now as it is now also 10miliimeters closer to the ground as well

·
Registered
41 Posts
risers

hang on a second. they are handle bar risers. you can *IF YOU WISH* drop the fork tube thru the triple clamp & lower the front of the bike. this will affect handling of the bike.

i bought the *EXACT* same thing you have but from a different manufacturer a few weeks ago

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/12-ninja-300-appearance-modifications/3623-1-handle-bar-risers-black-path.html

remove the stock bars, drop on the 1 inch bar risers you just bought and presto, raised the bars 1 inch & now it most definitely feels like a sports tourer
I installed the Roaring Toyz risers and did nothing else The block is on the fork tops & they came with the longer bolts

That's all I did & gave me a 1 inch higher comfort

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
I installed the Roaring Toyz risers and did nothing else The block is on the fork tops & they came with the longer bolts

That's all I did & gave me a 1 inch higher comfort
thats all i did as well with my Black path ones;)

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

It's funny you both say this, because I asked my mechanic what most people (that don't have a mechanic with a workshop with material, tools, bandsaw, lathe, mill, cnc etc) do in this situation....and he said they just bolt them on and go. And one day their handlebar mightl come off in their hand. When the stock bar is on the fork, there is enough of the fork that sits in the handlebar to create purchase. When you slap on the riser, there is nothing to grab the hole in the bar now. You have your bar sitting on top of the riser, with just two bolts at the front holding it. Your bar is weak now. The torsion, twisting and force of of leaning, riding and braking is now putting stress on that connection.

With the homemade spacer through the riser and up into the bar, this stops the flex, and makes my set up much safer. (the bottom of the riser sits on the top of the fork tube, so I am there is purchase in both the top and bottom of the riser, as well as the two bolts. I have a connection 360 degrees on both ends of the riser).

Hopefully, both of you will never experience any trouble, but I want to be sure that for me, I am safe.

Like you, I really enjoy the difference in the ride without having all that weight on my wrists. Thanks for the suggestion to try this cruizin! :)

Reactions: Pavel

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I meant for him to mass produce them for the Ninja 300. For people like us, that don't want to lower the forks.

(He makes custom CNC motorcycle parts...mostly for vintage cafe racers...triples, fork clamps, etc).

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
It's funny you both say this, because I asked my mechanic what most people (that don't have a mechanic with a workshop with material, tools, bandsaw, lathe, mill, cnc etc) do in this situation....and he said they just bolt them on and go. And one day their handlebar mightl come off in their hand. When the stock bar is on the fork, there is enough of the fork that sits in the handlebar to create purchase. When you slap on the riser, there is nothing to grab the hole in the bar now. You have your bar sitting on top of the riser, with just two bolts at the front holding it. Your bar is weak now. The torsion, twisting and force of of leaning, riding and braking is now putting stress on that connection.

With the homemade spacer through the riser and up into the bar, this stops the flex, and makes my set up much safer. (the bottom of the riser sits on the top of the fork tube, so I am there is purchase in both the top and bottom of the riser, as well as the two bolts. I have a connection 360 degrees on both ends of the riser).

Hopefully, both of you will never experience any trouble, but I want to be sure that for me, I am safe.

Like you, I really enjoy the difference in the ride without having all that weight on my wrists. Thanks for the suggestion to try this cruizin! :)

what????

with all the flex we are going to somehow break off 2 x 7 millimetre bolts from the handle bars????

we are humans, not the incredible hulk!:eek:

·
Registered
993 Posts
I don't think you could actually turn them hard enough to break the bolts but it might be possible during an adrenaline rush while trying to avoid an accident, and that is probably what the mechanic is talking about.
Now if you were lifting up from the bar ends it probably won't matter anyway they are mounted, you will most likely bend the bolts or bars because only one side of the base has bolts.
The tubes stick up into the base of the handle bars about 2mm, so that basically you cannot twist them off, when you add the risers the base is now suspended on top of the riser and the tubes only stick into the bottom of the risers and the base which is now supported on top of the riser has nothing but bolts to keep it from twisting, that is what the mechanic is refering to, and that is why he used the spacer to keep the bars from turning.
Did I explain that good enough? I could take mine apart and show you, but I dropped the front to make it more equal with the rear.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Older, for understanding what he meant, and explaining it better than I could!

My mechanic is a Kawasaki trained motorcycle machine, 20 years experience now, as well as a trained CNC mechanic, licensed small airplane mechanic, and knows bikes and machinery like no one I have ever met. I am very lucky to have him, because anyone can machine a nice toy, but to really implement it well, sometimes they miss the boat :)

For the sake of a few pieces of metal, it is a piece of mind for me that when I am riding, all things will work as they should, and my ride will be safe. Always better safe than sorry, I say!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Taken directly from Black Path website. The risers are either or both.

Fits:
2008-2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300

BlackPath's new 2008-2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250 / 2013 Ninja 300 handle bar spacers are the perfect way to customize your bike to fit your specific needs in more ways than just one.
CNC machined from billet 6061 aluminum, our bar spacers have been engineered to provide a 1" (25mm) rise in the handlebar's height, this combined with the factory rake of the forks also cause a set-back of 1/2" (13mm). With the combined rise and set-back of the bars, the riding position becomes much more natural and ergonomic, leading to a more comfortable ride. We've also incorporated a unique design feature with the bore in the riser, this gives you the ability to lower the front end of the bike up to 1" by simply moving the fork tubes higher up in the triple tree.
The risers are finished in a gloss black anodized coating to match the rest of the upper components on the bike while providing protection against the elements and preventing oxidation for outstanding visual appearance that will last a lifetime.
High strength, high integrity kits backed by a 30 day satisfaction guarantee and lifetime warranty on both parts and hardware.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts