Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any fellow 300 riders in the Riverside area?
New rider myself and first bike is the 300 SE w/ABS purchased from John Burr Cycles in Fontana and new to any forums.
Would just be cool to meet new people and riders in the Riverside and surrounding areas to meet up with from time to time and ride around.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I am in Temecula. But ride throughout Riverside, San Diego and Orange County all the time. Also got mine from John Burr as well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you just go though city streets or do you venture off and explore for canyons and whatnot?? I've only done commuting to work on 91/55 and Ortega but still getting use to the bike so it was a slow ride.
You've got a lot of mods on your 300. How is it with that sprocket?

·
Registered
210 Posts
My mom lives in Sun City, and I visit her almost every week. I grew up in Perris, went to high school in San Jacinto, and when I was in college my mom moved to Elsinore. We've been in Sun City/Menifee since 2008. I work in LA. During my break-in period last month I rode home all the way from LA using only surface streets (Valley Blvd -> Mission Blvd -> Arlington Ave -> Alessandro Blvd -> Perris Blvd), took me 4 hours.

Anyway, now I can't wait to explore all the roads our beautiful county has to offer, i.e. Ortega Hwy, the 74 to Idyllwild, Sage Rd to Anza, Gilman Springs Rd, Cajalco Rd, etc.)

·
Registered
315 Posts
should hang with us, we do Anza, Sage n such pretty often.

Btw, I went to La Sierra HS a whiles back. So if you see White 300 in Riverside/Corona area off of magnolia or Indiana, it is prob me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm off of Van Buren and Arlington
SE Green/Ebony
Spectec tank grips
Bright green spools
My buddy has a 2012 ZX-14R Black that I go riding with on weekends

·
Registered
315 Posts
Like neighbors. I know there is a few more of 300s in the Riv/Corona Area. Will def have to meet up one of these days.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone going or have ever been to the Bike Night events at Chaparral Motorsports?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah man, super close.
I'm always free on weekends and looking to ride. Work M-F and rarely ride to work. Get a little freaked out sometimes on the ride to work (Riverside to Santa Ana and back)

·
Registered
315 Posts
haha I never ride to work (Orange), only ride on weekends. See my post for Lake Cuyamaca if interested. Its a slower pace as there is a mix of bikers, but is a great opportunity to meet new people, network with professionals, and learn the route so that you can go back later to do your thang. Check it out.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Do you just go though city streets or do you venture off and explore for canyons and whatnot?? I've only done commuting to work on 91/55 and Ortega but still getting use to the bike so it was a slow ride.
You've got a lot of mods on your 300. How is it with that sprocket?
I do both. I figure this being my first bike, the more time on it...the better I'll be. I rode Ortega at night and that was definitely an experience. The 15T sprocket makes the bike much more usable.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, that group ride sounds good. Be nice to meet more riders. Only know a few now and they all have bigger bikes so I can't really keep up and feel like I hold them back from really riding like they would like to

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do both. I figure this being my first bike, the more time on it...the better I'll be. I rode Ortega at night and that was definitely an experience. The 15T sprocket makes the bike much more usable.
That's cool, totally agree with getting more seat time. I did Carbon Canyon today and it was pretty nice but freaked myself out on a turn...not good
I've read mixed review about the sprocket change. Did you have to change the chain as well??

·
Registered
161 Posts
I know this post is a bit old but I plan to take mine pretty soon to Riverside from Fresno and to keep taking it down there. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts