Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here rides their bike to work? I live in Toronto, so the weather's a big factor, but as soon as the sun shines harder I intend to ride to work every morning.

I work at an office where I wear dress pants, dress shoes, and a formal shirt. I was wondering if anyone has similar circumstances, and what they wear. I hope I can find a good way to achieve this. I'll be able to switch shoes at the office if need be (although I'd prefer riding boots that can pull off a formal look) but I don't want to have to change pants.

Thoughts?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I normally would for my civilian job but that is a job in a grocery store where I can pretty much wear whatever I want. I just have to throw all my gear on top and change from boots to shoes at work. At the moment, I don't ride to work though because I'm currently right by the coast for the year and don't really feel like leaving it out in the salt air all the time. My bike stays in the garage at my parents' house. Also, I think dealing with all my gear with a uniform before and after the drive would take much longer than the drive itself...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i ride to work. i wear my jacket and overpants over my normal attire and just go slip off the overpants in the restroom upon arrival. i just wear black leather boots for work anyways so no worries there...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Business casual.

Keep shoes underneath the desk. I wear overpants over slacks/jeans, wear jacket over w/e shirt i wear that day.

Get to work. Slip out of boots, overpants, and change into work shoes. Plop gloves in helmet and plop helmet on desk. Overpants goes into a drawer and boots sit under desk until quitting time.

I also have a little joe rocket manta tankbag for my lunch, phone, glasses, wallet.

Sent from my R800x using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
562 Posts
goto cycle gea4 they have a set of halfboots they r comfortable enough to walk around all day I have a size 14

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm in almost the exact same scenario. Except unlike these guys, I couldn't find an overpant that wouldn't mess with my dress pants too much. So I just went with regular waterproof motorcycle pants. I plan to just change into dress pants once I get to work. I store a lunch and the dress pants in my backpack, and plan to leave the dress shoes at my desk. But I may be able to get away with the black leather sport boots I got for riding...we shall see.

TCX X-Street Waterproof Shoes

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
I ride to work everyday i can now. Helmet/jacket/gloves/boots.

I wear the boots all day and store the rest in my office. Coldest I have ridden in is 38 F and i was wearing jeans and my summer gloves. Hands were kind of numb and legs were a little cold. Wasn't absolutely terrible, would rather do that for the 20 cold days texas gets over buying set of winter gear in texas.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
I ride to work daily. It was 26 degrees yesterday when I came in. All I wore was winter gaunts, freeze-out inserts, cold weather thermal top, my riding jacket with liner, helmet and black boots. For my legs I just stuck to my Khaki pants since I don't have the greatest feeling in them (thanks Army!).

Received a ton of questions about why take the bike in the freezing cold when I could take my SUV. Asked them why pay extra to drive the same distance if you only have to be uncomfortable for 15-20 minutes?

·
Registered
118 Posts
During riding season, I ride to work every shift. Just put riding gear over work clothes. Soft bags or backpack for lunches and bike mags. Been riding to this particular job for 24 years...Cheers.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I have the exact same issue as you I wear a suit to work everyday and the only issue I have is with my pants even with my spine protector,sweater,and jacket my shirt and tie never have issues I've ridden with my dress pants before I just wear jeans underneath aswell and change out at work if not if I don't do that I wear a small backpack with my shoes belt and pants in it and its usually alright since it's a short commute wrinkles are minimal

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
41 Posts
My styles differ, mostly casual but sometimes formal. It's easy to wear a MC suit over it and no matter how hot it gets outside, i always wear full leathers on the bike (over normal clothing, or underwear in case of pants...)

i can always get changed or have a shower at work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wear business casual or professional everyday but always with rubber-soled cowboy boots so I don't have to worry about changing shoes but this is not out of place in Oklahoma/Texas where I split my time.

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
I have full heat gear it is nice for riding in the winter. I have a mesh jacket for summer around town but if im going to go do faster then 55 I have full leather's. The nice part is the heated gear is a under shirt kind like long underwear and same with the pants and the gloves are just heated leather gloves.

·
Banned
562 Posts
How do u like the heated gloves. Im gonna get a good set of leggings that I can taper into my boots. The other part thst hets cold is hands but I cant decide on liners or gloves heated

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
I have used them in 5* temp and it was like I was riding in 75* weather now at first I tried using snow gloves in temps around 20* and i had to keep stoping and using the exhaust to re heat my hands back up lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts

If your work isn't super formal you could go with something like these Kevlar lined chinos . They also do cargo pants. (They do women's versions as well)
http://www.dragginjeans.net/Mens/Chinos/Chinos-Pants/flypage.tpl.html

If you are looking for a jacket you can just walk into a lunch meeting or office with these are great. Revit is a company that does a bunch of great formal wear riding apparel style stuff under their "Urban" category. You can find gloves and water/wind proof fall and winter jackets that come with CE rated armor in them. They have a bunch of nice styles on their website. http://www.revit.eu/en/#/home

As mentioned previously too the Aerostitch suits are great. My preference would be the all black Stealth Roadcrafter one piece suit. Can just wear everything underneath it and it comes off and goes on super fast.
(This is not me, but shows how easy and fast it is to go from riding to formal dress)
http://youtu.be/4sfxdPWBPc8

As for foot protection I would go with a just above the ankle formal leather boot that looks like a dress shoe with the pants over them. Or if you can get away with something more casual those TCX X-Street waterproof shoes that were linked before.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts