Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
we have a thread about helmets and we have all pretty much gone nuts in that thread with our helmets but i haven’t seen one on boots yet. My Sidi Vertabras died sometime ago & i need to buy something new so its a good excuse to start a thread & ask you all what you have. are they warm? are they comfortable? are they adjustable? are they water proof? are they wind proof? good bad, ugly, give us a photo of them , even if it from the manufacturer web site & tell us about them

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/speed-and-strength-run-with-the-bulls-shoes

I've had them for around 340 miles or so, so they're still fairly new, but I've liked them so far. Comfortable to ride around in, and then get off the bike and walk around for a while, before getting back on. My feet haven't been getting hot at all, but I also haven't tested them in anything over the mid-80's*F. They are perforated, so I assume they'd be good in hot weather.

In the rain, they are pretty far from waterproof.

Perhaps some slight wear here at where I shift, at least I assume that's where it's come from. Just fraying there at the one seam on the top front where I engage the shifter.

They do cover my ankles, which I like, but they're still comfortable to wear when off the bike.

I do have a knee/tibia guard as well, which is still decently comfortable to wear when off the bike. I went this route over having a huge boot that was awkward to walk in.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I currently wear work boots that has a lot of support, but I am not comfortable with the idea that they are not motorcycle boots. There are so many boots to choose from, that I am having a hard time deciding what to pick. They definitely have to be water proof. Questions, does the height of the boot play a factor in you buying them. What is your option and why. I am leaning towards boots with some height on them because they seem like they will do a great deal of protecting me in a crash.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
I have the women's version of the Dainese Long Range boots:

They're relatively comfortable for riding, they are not comfortable for walking around after 10 minutes. They are very warm (as in my feet sweat on hot days) and are waterproof.

For reference, here's the women's version - and I use the term women's loosely because there is nothing feminine about these boots.

·
Registered
40 Posts
work boots to start with but not enough room to shift. So bought TCX X-square. comfortable with some protection but not a whole lot. They are online for $100 US.

·
Registered
428 Posts

·
Banned
613 Posts
I got the sidi cobra air. There a great boot, not really comfortable to walk around in all day but have survived 3 crashes on the track, plenty of ventalation and removeable parts to replace.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have Cortech Latigo Air boots and love em. Crashed in them too and it only got scuffed on the top of the foot. Still wear them, plus they breathe.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
I have a pair of Sidi Fusion boots and a pair of M Star GTX Goretex boots. I am only 5'4" tall with a 28" inseam. I can use the Sidi boots on three of my bikes but I have an ST1300 that I have to ride with the GTX boots. Since I am so short I need a boot that will help me get my feet a little closer to the ground. The M Star boots have tall soles and a lift inside the boot that will add at least an inch and a quarter to my height.
They are expensive but they provide excellent protection from injury and the elements, feel good on my feet, and don't forget about the inch and a quarter height increase.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the Alpinestars S-MX 1. They are comfy but I will probably go with the Dainese full boots next purchase.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've got me some combat 8" side zip boots with non slip sole :) 25$ at the local sporting goods store. I also work in them. My feet are important so I don't feel comfortable riding in tennis shoes.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
260 Posts
I wear alpinestars supertech R boots. Good for long rides and walking around afterwards. But if you're in them all day long and have been walking around a lot as well they start to feel uncomfortable. But I'm very happy with them

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
390 Posts
I wear Dainese Torque Pro Out's, got them on closeout for a very good price. I love these boots, they have great protection and didn't need to be broken in. They fit very comfortably.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wear Sidi Cobras:

Nice boot although I hear that the soles wear out quickly. Not too concerned since I don't walk long distances in these boots.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
A* SMX Plus. Crashed in them once and they're still good to go! Were I to buy boots of another brand, it would be either Dainese or Sidi. Sadly they don't make boots small enough for me. :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
I also have recently upgraded from alpinestars smx1 shoes up to the smx plus full boot. Despite being entirely different styles of foootware, the full boot in my opinion is just as comfortable as the low cut smx1; with more than double the protection.

Smx1 - Pros: Comfortable, breathable, casual(often mistaken for shoes in my experience), very flexible for use of the shift/brake lever

Cons: Low cut offered very little ankle protection, lack of crush/twist/etc protection surrounding the ankle, probably too flexible in some areas, the lower ankle cut made for a colder ride usually(weather may not be an issue for you!)

Smx Plus - Pros: Comfortable, breathable, snug fit, full protection surrounding the ankle and calf, had no issues riding in cold or warm weather with them,

Cons: Ratchet system for tightening up around the calf seems a bit dated and flimsy, out of the box they were very stiff and this made shifting a little weird, but more deliberate for me if that makes sense, look a little like space boots(I don't mind all that much, but have had negative comments on this aspect lol)

Overall, while the smx1 is a great looking, very comfy and casual shoe that does offer some protection; I feel much safer now riding in my full smx plus boot and the stiffness in the full boot I easily grew past and if anything it reassures me my feet won't be entirely ground beef in a crash. Here is a quick side by side photo; if anyone is interested I can take more.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 114 Posts