Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on a one lane straight going 55 approaching a t section. There was a lady waiting at the stop sign. We made eye contact. Then she pulled out making a left and did it nice and slow right as I was coming up. And she did it with a psychotic smile. So then I had to brake hard so I didn't end up in her suv. My rear tire locked up pretty good and the bike started to try to slide sideways. Luckily the front brake didn't lock and I think I almost got thrown off my bike during the entire ordeal but thankfully I was able to come to a stable stop in middle of the intersection.

I just don't get it. We made eye contact. Why the hell would she still pull out in front of me

·
Registered
958 Posts
Probably just a terrible driver. Lots of old drivers drive like that. At least they do it slow which usually helps. She probably goes around smiling all the time and is on mood elevating drugs since Carl, her beloved husband of 56 years passed on. She was clueless. As far as purposely trying to go after you, I doubt it. That would be men, generally in trucks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah right up until that moment I was in pure euphoria. That's țhe only way to describe riding. Euphoric like a drug

·
Banned
277 Posts
I was on a one lane straight going 55 approaching a t section. There was a lady waiting at the stop sign. We made eye contact. Then she pulled out making a left and did it nice and slow right as I was coming up. And she did it with a psychotic smile. So then I had to brake hard so I didn't end up in her suv. My rear tire locked up pretty good and the bike started to try to slide sideways. Luckily the front brake didn't lock and I think I almost got thrown off my bike during the entire ordeal but thankfully I was able to come to a stable stop in middle of the intersection.

I just don't get it. We made eye contact. Why the hell would she still pull out in front of me
Right. Sounds like you need to work on brake control, regardless of how stupid that driver was.

Glad you're okay.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have started making a habit of pretending other cars at intersections cannot see me, even if we make eye contact. Which means slowing down, anticipating the car pulling out, and sometimes flashing my lights. So far I haven't had a close call.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Most drivers really have a hard time judging the speed of an oncoming motorcycle. In her prozaic haze, probably thought she had plenty of time to make the turn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts