Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife and I recently purchased a 300 for her as a starter bike and recently discovered that the right handlebar is bent. She isn't the tallest girl by all means (5'3") and I would like to lower the bike so she can more firmly plant her feet on the ground.

What would the best way to lower the bike be with replacement of a handlebar in order? Should I just replace it OEM and buy some riser blocks? Or should I get some clip ons and lower it that way? I know you all seem to frown on the ebay ones for like 90$ but the fact that they mount on the top of the triple tree shouldn't affect much because I'll be lowering her bike anyways.

Whats the best solution and why? Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
246 Posts
I am gathering parts for the same thing, lowering + clip ons. Personally for peace of mind and material quality I would go with either of the 2 big names, woodcraft or clip ons. The price difference is 30-50$ from the ebay sets. The bigger question is does she eventually want to upgrade to a super sport with an aggressive seating position or keep the 300 upright seating? If she will upgrade the clip ons will start her getting used to the more aggressive riding position. If you were to replace the bent bar and just do risers I think the bars are only like 8$

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
My wife and I recently purchased a 300 for her as a starter bike and recently discovered that the right handlebar is bent. She isn't the tallest girl by all means (5'3") and I would like to lower the bike so she can more firmly plant her feet on the ground.

What would the best way to lower the bike be with replacement of a handlebar in order? Should I just replace it OEM and buy some riser blocks? Or should I get some clip ons and lower it that way? I know you all seem to frown on the ebay ones for like 90$ but the fact that they mount on the top of the triple tree shouldn't affect much because I'll be lowering her bike anyways.

Whats the best solution and why? Thanks in advance guys
I think that now is a good time to try clip-ons. I like Woodcraft, but Driven are good too. If you don't like them you can always change to intact regular handlebars later on.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
The best part about clip-ons is for incidents like these. When you damage a clip-on you can relatively quickly replace that clip-on and be good to go rather than having to replace the whole handle bar assembly. It'll also make lowering the bike via the front forks easier as well. As far as seat hight is concerned, this bike is really low for a sport bike and she y'all shouldn't be too worried about getting both feet on the ground.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
depends on what your aiming for i guess. i have 1 inch risers under my OEM bars and i find it pretty damn comfortable like that. i also went nuts with the OEM bubble screen & raised it up by almost 1 inch as well. by doing this it will take some of the weight off your wrists and give you a slightly straighter back.if your planning on riding all doing touring, this is a must so your not a cripple by the end of the day or week or weeks you plan to ride for.

as for lowering the bike, it can & has been done in the past and we have a few threads on it, here is one of them

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/for...difications/1794-installing-lowering-kit.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bigger question is does she eventually want to upgrade to a super sport with an aggressive seating position or keep the 300 upright seating? If she will upgrade the clip ons will start her getting used to the more aggressive riding position. If you were to replace the bent bar and just do risers I think the bars are only like 8$
This is another supporting reason for the clipons well, a ways down the road we will be upgrading her to a supersport of her choice, but for right now, I think this 300 is perfect for her

1 - 6 of 6 Posts