Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
:D

I own a 2013 zx6r and have 10,000 miles of riding experience on city/country, and interstate streets...... was hoping to rent somebody's motorcycle while im up north.. If you ride 2-3 days a week and let your bike sit there take this opportunity to make a few bucks for gas!!!

I took an MSF course, and have my FL motorcycle license.

txt me what bike you got and what # you had in mind!!

32 Seven
583 5

nothing over 1000cc street, and prefer 1100 or under for cruiser,, thanks!

NO UNRELIABLE BIKES that will leave me stuck on the highway.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
:D

I own a 2013 zx6r and have 10,000 miles of riding experience on city/country, and interstate streets...... was hoping to rent somebody's motorcycle while im up north.. If you ride 2-3 days a week and let your bike sit there take this opportunity to make a few bucks for gas!!!

I took an MSF course, and have my FL motorcycle license.

txt me what bike you got and what # you had in mind!!

32 Seven
583 5

nothing over 1000cc street, and prefer 1100 or under for cruiser,, thanks!

NO UNRELIABLE BIKES that will leave me stuck on the highway.
I think the real trick here is handling the liability in case of an accident, injury, death, etc. If you and the renter do your due-diligence, you can make it work, but I would never consider renting a bike to anyone I don't know just to make a little bit of money. The liability is the real-issue.

I have traded bikes with people, but it's a mutual thing, with mutual benefit (since trying different bikes is difficult to do in the States without renting them from a company or buying them).

I rented someone's R1, but we had a contract in-place in-case anything went wrong. I had the bike for 24 hours, and I loved it so much I bought one. :D. This was back in 2005.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the real trick here is handling the liability in case of an accident, injury, death, etc. If you and the renter do your due-diligence, you can make it work, but I would never consider renting a bike to anyone I don't know just to make a little bit of money. The liability is the real-issue.

I have traded bikes with people, but it's a mutual thing, with mutual benefit (since trying different bikes is difficult to do in the States without renting them from a company or buying them).

I rented someone's R1, but we had a contract in-place in-case anything went wrong. I had the bike for 24 hours, and I loved it so much I bought one. :D. This was back in 2005.
Yep and i am more then happy to write up a contract for this =D

also i am trying to look for a bike in long island or queens/brooklyn nyc

·
Registered
386 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Have you ever actually googled sorry bike rental? I have only seen two companies one in Vegas and one in Miami and both seemed rather sketchy to me. Now Harley on the other hand

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
There are places here in SoCal that rent bikes, but their stock is devoid of bikes that interest me. I'm not interest in Ducatis at all and I wouldn't buy one.

All the bikes I want to ride, they don't have.

They actually seem to avoid bikes that beginners might want to test due to liability (or more drops) but they would rent a ton of them, and the bikes are inexpensive-enough to deal with drops/crashes from noobs who just got their MSF endorsement. Why be in the business of renting bikes (with its inherent liability) and not have bikes people actually want to rent?

Rental companies should fill a niche, and that's allowing test-rides of bikes that dealers don't allow test-rides for (which in CA, is all of them). So, renting the beginning bikes would make the most logical sense, and you can't rent those anywhere.

If I ran a rental company, I would *only* stock the bikes people are widely interested-in. I'd have a few Ninja 300s (SE, ABS and non) and I'd stock a few CBR500s (various types), the Ninja 650 and a few supersports. I'd leave cruisers totally out of the mix (too many companies already doing that). I think it'd be a brisk business. People would also rent multiple times to test the 300 vs. the 300 ABS, or the 500 vs. the 300 vs. the 650, etc. It'd be brill. Every bike would have maximum frame-protection. Frame sliders, swingarm sliders, bar-end sliders, etc.

Even if you had an army of noobs renting bikes and occasionally dropping/crashing them, you're renting so many bikes that it would be well worth it. There's pent-up demand because dealers don't allow test-rides, and people hate buying a bike without ever having ridden it a mile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts