Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed any of the stickers that come stock on the bike? I have the SE model (green & black) and wanted to take a few of the stickers off, like the one on the top of tank and rear fairing, but I don't want to damage the paint underneath. :confused:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
My ninja sticker had clear coat over it.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Solid green might look funny. Try a photo chop first.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Solid green might look funny. Try a photo chop first.
I don't have to, they sell the bike in solid green in other countries :D

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Yea, I noticed colors online for our bike that we can't get. I have to say, red is sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I would love to be able to remove the tank stickers! Kawi sent me a questionnaire on how I like the bike and I actually wrote I would like it alot more if I could remove the tank stickers haha

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you're worried about adhesive residue underneath you can get stuff from Walmart called goo-gone. Works really well and shouldn't damage your paint. Glue wipes right off

·
Registered
168 Posts
They clear coat the tank stickers because it keeps them from falling off if you spill fuel on them.
A hairdryer and fingernail should take care of the rest...

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just took off all of the decals from my ebony ABS. It looks a bit bigger without them; and a whole lot better. Losing the 'ABS' and windshield 'Kawasaki' was probably the best/easiest improvement after reflector delete. I took the decal off the bottom fairing because I'm having the tank badged with 'Kawasaki' instead of 'Ninja'.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I took off stickers below tank & under headlights. Left side peeled off in 1 piece, right side was a bitch, came off in mostly small pieces & left sticky residue. Got residue off without damage using baby oil, nail polish remover, window cleaner, & micro fiber towel. Took a while, next time I will try Goo gone, never heard of that stuff till today.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
I was so frustrated I didn't Peel anymore off. Gonna get me some Goo gone, going for complete sticker removal.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The only ones I really don't like are the ones in the knee area and center area of the tank.

I removed the rear tail section and like that better.
I am going to experiment with the small black plastic piece under the seat with some plastidip and see if I can get it to match. If not, I might just bite the bullet and have a pro do it
:D

Hell, I'd be willing to buy the left and right fairing in Green and keep the ones I have for crash spares

1 - 20 of 26 Posts