Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my ninja 300 about a month ago, and I'm really getting annoyed with the sticker on the tank that says to not put diesel in the bike, I mean, I'm not a fucking retard. So I'd like to remove the sticker, but I'm afraid I might damage the paint job in doing so. Is it okey to just rip it off, or what did you guys do?

·
Registered
993 Posts
You can just pull it off, it is just a sticker afterall. However your "Ninja" tank decal is clearcoated over and should removed by a professional if you want it off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can just pull it off, it is just a sticker afterall. However your "Ninja" tank decal is clearcoated over and should removed by a professional if you want it off.
Just making sure :) I like my ninja decals, so I just want off that stupid sticker that says not to put diesel in the bike!

·
Registered
490 Posts
You're not alone, I don't think I've seen it either. :confused:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Its a rectangular sticker just below the fuel cap thing.I thinkit says no PB or something like that.I could understand if it was a rented bike but seriously.it bothers me too.its like an insulting your IQ

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought my ninja 300 about a month ago, and I'm really getting annoyed with the sticker on the tank that says to not put diesel in the bike, I mean, I'm not a fucking retard. So I'd like to remove the sticker, but I'm afraid I might damage the paint job in doing so. Is it okey to just rip it off, or what did you guys do?
Hair dryer works great >>>not too close though

·
Registered
43 Posts

Im pretty sure my manual said that if I ever lose a sticker I have to get a new one and replace it.

Well I'm sorry but this sticker is useless and smack in the middle of an otherwise gorgeous green tank, so I yanked it.

It came off easy, there was a little bit of a red outline left after but that easily came off with a few droplets of water I believe, so nothing sticky or hard to remove. It's an easy fix.

·
Registered
43 Posts
the decal says "Pb" thats lead. Pb is from the "table of elements" i think it is called
Right, somehow I missed that the OP was about diesel instead of gasoline containing lead..

anyhoo.. still a useless sticker (I haven't seen leaded gasoline in ages) it reminded me of the description here and I guess it's similar in easyness to take off..

still I derped a little bit..:p

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Hah people accidentally put diesel in sometimes. Guy was leaving my buddies shop after winter storage and goes to fill up his bike. We get a call 10mins later saying the bike wont start and he accidentally put diesel it. He pushed it all the way back and spent and hour flushing the system lololol

1 - 20 of 35 Posts