Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
White has at least one important distinction, or so I've read. It is the most visible color. We should probably all be riding white bikes with white helmets if that's true. White doesn't really stand out to me though like some of the neon green or purple colors, but I don't know if the article I read included those colors. I am picking up my white Ninja 300 this afternoon in San Antonio. I intend to decorate it with some stickers and wheel tape. I've never owned a white bike. I've had several shades of grey, silver, black, blue, orange, red, yellow. Since I already have a slate grey and a black bike, white will be fine for a change.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
White has at least one important distinction, or so I've read. It is the most visible color. We should probably all be riding white bikes with white helmets if that's true. White doesn't really stand out to me though like some of the neon green or purple colors, but I don't know if the article I read included those colors. I am picking up my white Ninja 300 this afternoon in San Antonio. I intend to decorate it with some stickers and wheel tape. I've never owned a white bike. I've had several shades of grey, silver, black, blue, orange, red, yellow. Since I already have a slate grey and a black bike, white will be fine for a change.
Yeah, but Canada is buried in snow 11 months out of the year, so red helps us stick out more ;)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Good point about snow. On further reading, white is apparently the most visible in good lighting conditions. Black is the worst in all lighting conditions, and grey was either the worst or best color for motorcycles depending on which study you believe. Kawa Green to me seems very noticeable. I think the jury is still out, so I would get whatever color I wanted and ride defensively and not assume anything except that someone is going to pull out or turn in front of you no matter what color your bike is.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i have the ebony bike, a neon yellow jacket, and a silver helmet. ahhh the best fashion sense, ever!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Good point about snow. On further reading, white is apparently the most visible in good lighting conditions. Black is the worst in all lighting conditions, and grey was either the worst or best color for motorcycles depending on which study you believe. Kawa Green to me seems very noticeable. I think the jury is still out, so I would get whatever color I wanted and ride defensively and not assume anything except that someone is going to pull out or turn in front of you no matter what color your bike is.
I was kidding about the snow! LOL

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I think he was kidding. It's not 11 months of snow..

Just 6 months of freezing. (been there done that)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts