Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of used but like new Yoshimura rear set adjusters on eBay for half price. Looking forward to trying these out.. Hoping they give me a little more leg room so I dont keep so cramped on the tank. Keep in mind I come from a super sport background but this is a commuter bike I want to get max comfort, but at the same time I want to have fun on the weekends :) I should get them on Tuesday and have them installed around the same time :D

For those who dont know:

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/ps-5078-2151-aluminum-rearset-brackets.aspx

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So these would give us taller guys a bit more leg room and give it more of a supersport riding position feel??

Might need a pair of these!!!
Thats what I am hoping for.. Not sure how the super sport feel work with stock handle bars but we shall see :D

But I got them for $50.. Worth a shot at that price, if I dont like them I am sure I can sell them to someone on here or the 250R boards..

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
We have a local customer with them on his 250 and he said it was the best $85 or so bucks he had spent. Prolly will work out good for you.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
What exactly do these do?
Moves the stock backs back and up a bit.... From the Yosh description...

Features:
CNC Machined Billet 6061-T6 Alumnium
Two Position Adjustable:
43mm Back, 20mm Up
43mm Back, 35mm Up
Increases possible ground clearance and lean angle
Allows more aggressive body positioning for body and weight transfer
Black anodized for durability
Laser-Etched Yoshimura R&D Logo
Total Weight; 0.963lbs (437g)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Thats what I am hoping for.. Not sure how the super sport feel work with stock handle bars but we shall see :D

But I got them for $50.. Worth a shot at that price, if I dont like them I am sure I can sell them to someone on here or the 250R boards..
Where'd you get 'em for $50? :eek:

This looks like exactly what I need. I'm only 6', but my knees and feet are positioned a little too far forward on the stock rearsets.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
I saw those but went for the SV-RACING rearsets at $175 shipped. It allows all the variables to be adjusted, shifter/brake height and distance from the peg. It also deletes the nasty pressed steel brake pedal/shifter and looks great. I adjusted them to the lowest, rear most peg position and had it all adjusted second attempt. Love them and they made the bike far more comfortable.

http://www.svracingparts.com/products/#!/~/category/id=477665&offset=0&sort=normal

Super good customer service and all the parts are replaceable/modular. I have 500 miles on them, they stayed tight and offer precision the stock stuff can't match. They make the bike feel like it costs $3000 more that it did.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
I'm curious to hear if the gap from the shifter/brake to peg becomes an issue for you. I feared that when i saw these plates and I just despised the stock materials and budget design. I like to get my shifts up on the top of my foot, about 3" behind my toes. it gives a more positive shift which this bike seems to like.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
SV Racing, the company owner is the fabricator and keeps building them for WERA guys he knows in his riding club. The quality is absolutely 100% top notch. I wasn't expecting that at this price. I have over 500 miles on them and am extremely happy with everything, the shift precision is perfect, the brake is grippy on my boots.

Nothing has come loose at all on these and the rest of the bike is starting to fall apart, steering head bearings and both mirror mounts at 1060 miles are about finger tight. The left mirror was moving up & down a half inch.

Maybe you missed the link I posted?

http://www.svracingparts.com/products/#!/~/category/id=477665&offset=0&sort=normal

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
No fold pegs, they will either scrape & grind or break off. The parts are all available seperately from the builder. If you break off a peg it'll be the least of your concerns. A tip over shouldn't do more than scratch the end.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just courious because a tip over with the stock pegs USUALLY results in a broken rearset.. So I would only assume the same with these..

So are the made in the USA?

The more I look at this thread the more I want them haha, but I want to check out my rearset adjusters first, and if I like them I will want to sell them off before proceeding with ordering these..

I do like the black alot more that the titanium look..

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.