Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I am in need of advice. I just got a 2013 EX300. Looks like the rear end has a mod. I can’t figure out how to remove the side rear blinker lens to change the bulb. Maybe seat needs to be removed? If anyone else has the same mod or has come across this, please share.

7E88E315-2D0A-4041-AACB-1E4C1D13B324.jpeg

A7D73751-DD1C-4495-AAED-424320F4D4EE.jpeg

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

The bike looks GREAT, the rear fender eliminator looks like CRAP! 😜

I reckon this is a one-off, jerry-rigged bastardization...is that duct-tape holding the license plate?? :unsure: 😆
Removing the seat by itself won't gain access from what I can tell...but maybe start there; looks like you'll need to get behind that fairing somehow?
Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

The bike looks GREAT, the rear fender eliminator looks like CRAP! 😜

I reckon this is a one-off, jerry-rigged bastardization...is that duct-tape holding the license plate?? :unsure: 😆
Removing the seat by itself won't gain access from what I can tell...but maybe start there; looks like you'll need to get behind that fairing somehow?
Good luck!
Thanks for the reply! I’ll keep tinkering.

·
Registered
408 Posts
It looks like you will need to remove the two side rear fairings:
Remove the passenger cowl with the key.
Remove the two small plastic panels under the seat.
Remove the rider seat.
Remove the plastic center piece behind the rider seat.
Then you can remove the rear side panels and get access to the signals.

The signals have to be glued to the panels or fixed with bolts. And the panels must have been drilled to pass the wires. Whatever has been done, once you get the rear side panels out, you should be able to figure out how to open the signals and change the bulbs.

Edit: After a closer look to the picture, it looks like the lenses are bolted from the inside of the plastic panels and there is another hole drilled for the bulb. So when you get access to the inside of the panel you should be able to remove the signal lenses and change the bulbs.

Very creative! I kind of like it. It definitely matches the front signals style.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like you will need to remove the two side rear fairings:
Remove the passenger cowl with the key.
Remove the two small plastic panels under the seat.
Remove the rider seat.
Remove the plastic center piece behind the rider seat.
Then you can remove the rear side panels and get access to the signals.

The signals have to be glued to the panels or fixed with bolts. And the panels must have been drilled to pass the wires. Whatever has been done, once you get the rear side panels out, you should be able to figure out how to open the signals and change the bulbs.

Edit: After a closer look to the picture, it looks like the lenses are bolted from the inside of the plastic panels and there is another hole drilled for the bulb. So when you get access to the inside of the panel you should be able to remove the signal lenses and change the bulbs.

Very creative! I kind of like it. It definitely matches the front signals style.
Thank you! I’ll try it tomorrow. Gotta do an oil change anyways, might as well get it all done at once.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts