Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
I noticed that my rear seat really wobbles even when locked and closed. I read that this can happen on bikes when someone bends the plate on the top of the lock, mine looks bent but that also seems to be how it comes from the factory. it seems to have somewhat of a s shape but looks flush to where it mounts. I don't remember if it did or did not wobble before. I tried to get some pictures of it and a video

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is not right
i just went a look at mine, mine if straight as an arrow, the top of your lock is bent & twisted
Cool thanks, ya the wobble is horrible. I think someone must have tried to pull it open at some point

·
Registered
784 Posts
The second picture it looks like maybe someone tried to pull the seat up or off the bike.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any one have any idea how study that part of the bike is? I'm wondering in I can just tale a hammer and my socket extension and whack it back into place?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
my seat did the same thing one time and i just kept taking it off and putting it back on till it went in correctly and its been fine ever since. But that piece there doesnt look flat so im not sure that would work for you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine does the same thing. It has been to the dealer three times and they cannot fix it. If you find an answer, I will buy you many, many beers.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
my rear seat has a little bit of movement, say no more then 2-3 millimetres.but if you look at the design of it, its pretty simple.

the rear of the seat locks in via 2 pins and the front held in with the 1 lock pin.it would seem the front lock pin needs to be pushed lower towards the rear tyre.

by doing this, it will drop the front of the seat eventually to a point where it will sit flush with the fairing and hardly move at all like mine does.

next question

is the bike under warranty??? if so take it back to the dealer

if not find some way to press the front metal bar the lock mech bolts to downwards towards the tyre

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Bike is still very much under warrenty, I'll drop by the dealer and see what they can do for me. I'm thinking it will take some grinding down of the 2 posts that the lock plate screws too. In my picture the one on the left is higher than the one on the right and the plate looks like it sits flush on both pedestals but I can clearly see the s shape that's bent into it

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Bike is still very much under warrenty, I'll drop by the dealer and see what they can do for me. I'm thinking it will take some grinding down of the 2 posts that the lock plate screws too. In my picture the one on the left is higher than the one on the right and the plate looks like it sits flush on both pedestals but I can clearly see the s shape that's bent into it

let the dealer worry about it my friend, thats what your warranty is for, you paid for it weather you like it or not when you bought the bike. be interesting to see what the fix is

·
Registered
2014 Ninja 300 se abs
1 Posts
The sides of the seat rests on two pads, the locking pin has no way of pulling the seat down it just locks on the cut out of the pin. Tolerances mean there is a gap between the seat and the two pads. I got some sticky foam pads; I think they are to prevent furniture from scratching the floor or something. They are about 4 mm thick. Cut them to fit and attached to the seat. No play at all, I have to push lightly on the seat to get it to lock and the same to get it to open.
Hood Automotive tire Green Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

1 - 14 of 14 Posts