Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Sorry FELO it sure was not my intention to say you were ripping any one off I was trying to warn you as well as all our other members on the forum that this part comes from yamaha and is only worth about 12 dlls here in Mexico were we usually get the shaft on all imports so I think the guy on eBay selling them for 65 is out to screw a few of my Ninja bros.
yeah i know but since that motorcycle is not on the states, the only way to get that part is if you buy from a place where it sells and export it out

·
Registered
60 Posts
Has anyone found a rear hugger that isn't made from shiny plastic or carbon? Im just looking for a black plastic one that's longer than the stock hugger, yet the same material (just mat plastic). :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Has anyone found a rear hugger that isn't made from shiny plastic or carbon? Im just looking for a black plastic one that's longer than the stock hugger, yet the same material (just mat plastic). :)

Ditto. I'm looking for the Sportisi Rear Hugger at the moment but it seems like it's out of stock and can't find anywhere to buy one. The only other alternative is the hotbodies unpainted one but it seems kind of short.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought this one off of Ebay. It's priced quite reasonably coming all the way from Greece. It was packaged quite securely too. No, it's not a matte black color but nothing some spray paint or plastidip couldn't cure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261475548783?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

*By the way, I do have a fiberglass Skidmarx rear hugger in white too. It arrived with a small chip on a portion of it that you won't see unless you look for it. It's a small chip on the inside of the chain guard. I'm so anal that I asked for a replacement and they actually sent me one. I was told to "bin" the other one. :biggrin: So, I'm willing to let it go for $110.00 plus shipping. I paid $170.00 and waited for about three weeks for it to arrive from England. I have a lot of respect and am quite appreciative of intobikes.co.uk's customer service.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Since the economy here in Greece is crap and I really needed to put a rear hugger, I went with a simple choice (which is not dangerous in any manner). Me and my dad found a front fender from a supermoto, in the dimensions needed, and we attached it in the stock spoiler.

Lmao don't judge me. Us greeks are known for finding the cheaper way... :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
I bought this one off of Ebay. It's priced quite reasonably coming all the way from Greece. It was packaged quite securely too. No, it's not a matte black color but nothing some spray paint or plastidip couldn't cure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261475548783?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

*By the way, I do have a fiberglass Skidmarx rear hugger in white too. It arrived with a small chip on a portion of it that you won't see unless you look for it. It's a small chip on the inside of the chain guard. I'm so anal that I asked for a replacement and they actually sent me one. I was told to "bin" the other one. :biggrin: So, I'm willing to let it go for $110.00 plus shipping. I paid $170.00 and waited for about three weeks for it to arrive from England. I have a lot of respect and am quite appreciative of intobikes.co.uk's customer service.
Yea last night, I actually went for a Skidmarx myself. Found it nestled further in on the search results. It's pricey but it seems like it actually has more coverage than the majority of them which are only $40 less or so.

Though I ordered a black instead of white (even though I have a pearl white 300). I'm going to be using some matte black plastidip since I don't want my hugger to be shiny.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Though I ordered a black instead of white (even though I have a pearl white 300). I'm going to be using some matte black plastidip since I don't want my hugger to be shiny.
After three weeks of waiting I received a white Skidmarx hugger for two weeks ago. I was quite disappointed to it's quality. The color is not even close to the Kawasaki's pearl white - it is more like the shade of cream. In addition to this the screw hole in front of the tyre was drilled to wrong place and impossible to use, so I had to attach it only with the other three ones:frown2:. Maybe during the winter time I take it off and try to make the hole bigger and even paint the whole thing black.

But I must give full points for how well it protects the bike from dirt. Now there have been a couple of bad days here. Earlier there was mud everywhere around the rear wheel - and even in the back of my helmet, which I don't understand, how is it even possible. Now even the top box stays almost clean. This kind of fender there should have been already from the beginning!

81 - 87 of 87 Posts