Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I just wondering, whether any of you guys that keep the stock rear fender attached ever try to pass wet road ? Is it do what it designed n installed for ? Cause i really annoyed knowing its not protecting the one that sitting on the passenger seat and i cant imagine what happen when it removed

· Registered
1,139 Posts
Well yea, obviously it will be worse if the fender were removed. But I don't think I'd expect any fender to keep the passenger out of the spray. I'd assume it's purpose is more to increase your visibility so the rooster tail of spray doesn't obscure your brake light.

· Registered
2,942 Posts
The way I look at it is if your going to ride in the rain your going to get wet.. If you ride though a puddle you might get a few drops on you.. I ride though puddles all the time when its dry out, and even without a fender a couple drops of water on my jacket is not going to hurt me...

· Registered
270 Posts
Mine is already gone. Even if it was effective, I would rather clean up the tail after riding in the rain then have to look at that monstrosity all the time.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could be worse...
hahaha, indeed

i do agree about keeping the taillight clean and make yourself visible at all time.

myself, guess the chance going out with it on rainy days is like less then 1% and i use this only for having fun in dry and safe environment, but since i live in this "great country" that most of the population using motorcycle for their daily transportation, this rear rear fender definitely screwed the owner and others
the owner suddenly baptized others with his ninja:cool:

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tire hugger wont help, it protect your shock breaker and inner part of your ninja, but when you notice the rotation of your wheel when you ride a bike it doing nothing to minimized the spraying effect of you rear wheel to your passenger and one that exactly behind you

· Registered
1,025 Posts
The reason it does this is because the Ninja 300 doesn't have much of a rear fender, it's only about 4 inches long and just keeps dirt off of the rear of the engine and transmission. You may want to look into getting a hugger rear fender, as that may help some. But unless it covers most of the top of the wheel, mud and water are going to fly up all over the place when riding in those conditions.

· Registered
4,515 Posts

I just wondering, whether any of you guys that keep the stock rear fender attached ever try to pass wet road ? Is it do what it designed n installed for ? Cause i really annoyed knowing its not protecting the one that sitting on the passenger seat and i cant imagine what happen when it removed
Ha my suggestion...........put on the replacement seat cowl (the one without the seat) and dont let anyone on the back, they will only slow you down :D

Like my son says to my missus yesterday when we were gonna go for a bit of a ride, she says just wear a backpack to him (he is diabetic so we gotta carry some ****). Now he is 11 and get this he says "na mum, that will only slow us down". **** I love kids honesty.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.