Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Rattling sound while accelerating

42K views 48 replies 21 participants last post by  Greenspeed 
Check bolts. One member had a licence plate bolt that was loose and as I can imagine it made quite a noise when it started to rattle. Bolts are always a good thng to start with, check all the ones you can see. At least that eliminates that off your list of possibilities.
That was me and I actually lost my temp plate (I re-tightened them once at least) :eek:

Thread lock on the permanent plates.. Lol.. That bish ain't coming off!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

*grin*

Please don't thread lock everything.

If you do your own servicing, you're going to be cursing up a storm, and if you let someone else do it for you, they will not thank you, and the likelihood is that you'll have to leave the bike with them for a bit while they undo your work, even for minor servicing.

Tighten up, certainly, but don't Incredible Hulk it unless you're planning never to service the bike again.
Eh.. Unless you get the really hard locking stuff, it's not a big deal. I've got the blue stiff and it comes of easy enough.. OK maybe "everything" was a bit if an exaggeration, but I thread lock a lot of stuff.. Too much vibration..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.