Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The more I ride my bike the more I question the farklles I have done, in the shall I call it the cockpit :eek:

In the picture you see:
Woodcraft Clip Ons - Keeping
Made in China Levers - Questionable Color
Galfer Brake Lines - Keeping
SSR Peload Adjusters - Questionable Color
SSR Stem Nut - Questionable Color
Black Finishing Wahers - Questionable In General

What input do you guys have on these mods? What do you think of the looks..

I like the levers but hate the color doesnt match the preload adjusters. The stem nut I am just starting to question overall in both style and color. And I think the finihsing washers look just far to big, but I am not sure what else I could put in those holes..

What do you all think?

·
Registered
839 Posts
I, personally, love the look of your bike. No matter what accent color you go with 9 times outta 10 your not gonna get an exact match on every mod you get in color. However, the plan is plain to see and executed nicely. I really enjoy how everything flows together and looks like it belongs, even aside of not matching "perfectly"

I tip my hat to you sir, looks good.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its hard because I am a perfectionist and extremely indecisive haha.. Occastionally I need to get put in place by someone other than my wife, and get some input on whats good and not good :D

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
at a glance it all looks good, then when i start reading your nitpicking i notice the same stuff too. the color difference in the red would bother me too. im not sure what i would do on the stem nut but the gloss black does kind of look weird. i think one quick thing you could do is paint the screws going into the washers black as well and that would clean up a lot.

for the red you could always go buy some paint and paint the levers and preload adjusters to be the same shade of red as well as anything else you add in the future

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might try a 250R stem nut.. I just didnt like the chrome of the 300 stem nut...

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
then again, the stem nut, finish washers and lever are all the same gloss black...

I could remove the finish washers completely, just install some flat black screws.. install the 250R stem nut, and then install the flat black avs levers with red adjusters..

I personally like the splash of red, just with is was a little more alike.. Painting is a option, but I SUCK at painting..

·
Banned
562 Posts
dude thats the fun of modding
try modding computers
i love to mod and the fun part is making it all fit right and
look good
i personally like the purple
but wait till u see my SPARKLIES lol
i say keep at it
maybe we will all meet at a motorcycle show and get to show off

* ok now i want my 300 to shoot stripper glitter
that sounds evil kenevilish lol

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh come on its not that bad haha, everything is functional minus the stem nut which was only ONLY to get rid of that giant silver on haha..

·
Banned
562 Posts
wonder how long a playing card would stick in my spokes? Better be a big ass card im thinking

·
Banned
562 Posts
Now balloons would be hilarious
Melted rubber all over my heat shield and exhaust LOL

·
Registered
221 Posts
The more I ride my bike the more I question the farklles I have done, in the shall I call it the cockpit :eek:

In the picture you see:
Woodcraft Clip Ons - Keeping
Made in China Levers - Questionable Color
Galfer Brake Lines - Keeping
SSR Peload Adjusters - Questionable Color
SSR Stem Nut - Questionable Color
Black Finishing Wahers - Questionable In General

What input do you guys have on these mods? What do you think of the looks..

I like the levers but hate the color doesnt match the preload adjusters. The stem nut I am just starting to question overall in both style and color. And I think the finihsing washers look just far to big, but I am not sure what else I could put in those holes..

What do you all think?
I liked the look so much, I got the same preload adjusters and stem nut for mine! (got black woodcraft clip-ons going on the bike next week!)

Instead of the finishing washers, any idea where I could get flat black screws to fill those holes?

·
Registered
419 Posts
When I read the thread title, I thought I was going to see a showcase of fair skinned redheads! (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=farkle&defid=2694749) HAHA!

But upon further inspection, my personal opinion:

Stem nut (gloss black): keep it
Finishing washers: keep em', just find gloss black screws to match. I wouldn't try to paint anything, especially if you might have to take a tool to it again at any point.
Levers (are they gloss black?): keep em' if you can change the purple part to match the red preload adjusters. Otherwise maybe source some all gloss black levers or red to match the SSR preload adjusters.
SSR Preload Adjusters: not only keep em' but if this is the red you like stick with it and build around it. SSR has lots of little odds and ends (farkles) in this billet red that would accent your 300 very well.

·
Registered
221 Posts
When I read the thread title, I thought I was going to see a showcase of fair skinned redheads! (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=farkle&defid=2694749) HAHA!

But upon further inspection, my personal opinion:

Stem nut (gloss black): keep it
Finishing washers: keep em', just find gloss black screws to match. I wouldn't try to paint anything, especially if you might have to take a tool to it again at any point.
Levers (are they gloss black?): keep em' if you can change the purple part to match the red preload adjusters. Otherwise maybe source some all gloss black levers or red to match the SSR preload adjusters.
SSR Preload Adjusters: not only keep em' but if this is the red you like stick with it and build around it. SSR has lots of little odds and ends (farkles) in this billet red that would accent your 300 very well.
Any idea where to get those finishing washers or what size they should be?

Also the red preload adjusters don't necessarily need to match something else on the bike, as many supersports (like the ZX6r) have adjusters in red to offset the color of the bike (even the black / green color scheme bikes).

·
Registered
419 Posts
Do you mean where to find black screws to match the washers? Without having the screw's exact measurement I couldn't tell ya'. And I was just suggesting to accent off the Preload Adjusters b/c he has already spent the most coin on those and the other nice SSR parts. He said he likes the red so why not just keep going with the red SSR accents.

Again this is just my personal opinion which is what he wants from us.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts