Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Awesome video, you can learn allot riding in the rain ☔ at a track day. Smooth on the throttle is the key. As you proved, you can go pretty fast in the wet on DOT tires.

I used to corner work at NYST for 6 years. I used to hate seeing 1 or 2 riders on the track when it was pouring rain. It is miserable in the rain corner working. I had rain gear but still
just miserable! Being wet and cold 🥶 is no fun. I have a HUGE appreciation for corner workers!!!!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love talking to the Cornerworkers, they have so much passion for the sport and offer their time to help out... We wouldn’t have a sport without them.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Nice video! Thanks for posting!

Rain never stopped from riding at the track, and rarely stopped from a street riding, but I have to say, being in South Florida, rain is usually a refresh more than a bother. There will always be time to get dry.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think there is a massive myth about rain riding with trackday folks. All I'm attempting to do, is show there are ways to learn and possibly exploit wet track time. Thanks for all the kind words!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm impressed to say the least! (y)
I'm a casual, conservative rider, and ride my Ninja 300 as a 'toy' more than anything (not a commuter, or racer).
OP's video was quite eye-opening (to me); never thought it would stick in them curves like that. 😲

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliment, please consider subscribing to the channel cause there’s soooo much more coming for 2021!

Full race season with WERA for starters, plus more trackday type videos focused on helping others by learning from my mistakes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Updated the description for you guys! Skip to about the 3:25 mark for some epic slow mo shot a flattrack school: Cornerspin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts