Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1081 - 1085 of 1085 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,082
It is with a heavy heart that I write this final post.

I will apologize in advance but for those less interested in the details, I will cut to the chase. The EDA rotary valve project is no longer going to proceed. I will be dismantled and put into a box at the back of the garage and the two bikes will be rebuilt to original spec and one may go on the road while the other may be developed conventionally as a track bike.

For those more interested in the details as to why, I will outline it as much as I need to here.

I have been doing this and believed in it for a long time. When I had company money behind it, we progressed very quickly but when its my own money, progress is slow. Then I have to work two roles to make enough to pay for the next problem I find.

On top of all that, the march of a new world that is embracing Hydrogen so there is not real point in doing it so getting people interested in investing is pointless.

Last week, I found a special seal that I needed two of and could only find one. I costed this up and then started looking further into this and I think I have suddenly come to a point where I have run out of patience with the shle thing and its just one problem too many and I don't know if this is going to be the magic part that will make it all fly.

It never is and we have to look at the whole thing all over again. Up till now I have just kept going but I have simply run out of patience, money and more importantly, hours I'm prepared to spare weekend after weekend.

I have put off so many things and family events either doing the project or work to earn cash to pay for other engine things and I have realised this project is far bigger than I am and so I am deluding myself if I think differently.

I appreciate the moral support and technical communications I have had on here and it has almost certainly stayed the execution but I am just not able to take this thing any further and I doubt anyone else would either. Its bee n interesting, I have learnt a great deal but now it's time to get back to the real world.

Again, thank you to everyone who has been a part of this journey.

·
Registered
399 Posts
It is with a heavy heart that I write this final post.

I will apologize in advance but for those less interested in the details, I will cut to the chase. The EDA rotary valve project is no longer going to proceed. I will be dismantled and put into a box at the back of the garage and the two bikes will be rebuilt to original spec and one may go on the road while the other may be developed conventionally as a track bike.

For those more interested in the details as to why, I will outline it as much as I need to here.

I have been doing this and believed in it for a long time. When I had company money behind it, we progressed very quickly but when its my own money, progress is slow. Then I have to work two roles to make enough to pay for the next problem I find.

On top of all that, the march of a new world that is embracing Hydrogen so there is not real point in doing it so getting people interested in investing is pointless.

Last week, I found a special seal that I needed two of and could only find one. I costed this up and then started looking further into this and I think I have suddenly come to a point where I have run out of patience with the shle thing and its just one problem too many and I don't know if this is going to be the magic part that will make it all fly.

It never is and we have to look at the whole thing all over again. Up till now I have just kept going but I have simply run out of patience, money and more importantly, hours I'm prepared to spare weekend after weekend.

I have put off so many things and family events either doing the project or work to earn cash to pay for other engine things and I have realised this project is far bigger than I am and so I am deluding myself if I think differently.

I appreciate the moral support and technical communications I have had on here and it has almost certainly stayed the execution but I am just not able to take this thing any further and I doubt anyone else would either. Its bee n interesting, I have learnt a great deal but now it's time to get back to the real world.

Again, thank you to everyone who has been a part of this journey.

Yikes. Sorry to hear. But fully understand.
I was one who was hoping for success (although I came to the party late...).

Just a FWIW: if you decide to proceed after all, I have a full machine shop and access to pretty much any machining process. If there's something you need machined/fabricated/hardened/cast/sourced, let me know via PM. Probably too late for all that, but hey, you might sleep on it and one day wake up with renewed drive...

1081 - 1085 of 1085 Posts