Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know much about sport bike racing but are there regular races for amateur riders like in motocross?

And would the Ninja 300 have to race in a class with only 300 cc bikes? Would the bike need to be modified much like removing kickstand etc?

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
I will be racing my 300 in a couple different classes this year. Look up the CVMA. You'll be pretty limited on classes you can rave there, but there is one other 300. There is a huge 250 grid with the CVMA. I raced there a couple years ago. You will need to remove your kickstand, but unlike the 250 you won't need to cut off the mount. My 300 is dual purpose street and race. While it's not a requirement, you will want to replace the factory bodywork with race bodywork and remove anything not needed.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Look into "track days" at a local race track. You might want to ask a local bike club for more info about where you live.

The rules are different for every track, though what ive seen is taping over all your lights, remove kickstand, some places want you to have a solid bottom fairing to catch fluids. have to wear full leathers with correct boots and gloves.
Track days are more for fun but they do have amateur races at the track near me for the second half of the day, first half is free ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts