Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating getting a "Racing Gap Cap" because I am intersted in having an all black gas cap and would rather not deal with painting my stock one..

Anyone have any input on these??

I realize there is no lock but I am not one to piss people off, so I doubt I would have any problems, vandal wise at least..

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'm buying one for my track bike for sure. Always putting just enough gas in for each session would be easier.
I've debated buying them for my other bikes, as I doubt anyone would ever think about siphoning fuel out of a bike.
It would be nice to not have to be fumbling with a key at the gas station.

·
Registered
813 Posts
hmmm My gas cap has decided to not want to unlock and bend every spare key in the process, can't find any locked caps online :S im sure a OEM one would be costly.... worried about people putting sugar and crap in a rage of jealousy over the sexy ninja :S

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
hmmm My gas cap has decided to not want to unlock and bend every spare key in the process, can't find any locked caps online :S im sure a OEM one would be costly.... worried about people putting sugar and crap in a rage of jealousy over the sexy ninja :S
Well... Urine for a treat!

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought and installed the SSR racing gas gap, I really like the look.. Someday I might try to paint my stock one black just to get the locking feature back but I am in no hurry..

Unless I store at store my bike is always in a locked or monitored garage, so I am not to worried..

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
personally i'd not worry about it... my car has never had a locking gas tank and i've never experienced the problem of someone messing with it...

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
personally i'd not worry about it... my car has never had a locking gas tank and i've never experienced the problem of someone messing with it...

Someone tried to siphon the gas out of my truck back when gas was around $5 per gallon..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Someone tried to siphon the gas out of my truck back when gas was around $5 per gallon..
i have had the pleasure of having a really cool ex house mate who siphoned gas from all our cars, and even the lawn mower when he lost his job and had no flow. he also recycled the houses extensive collection of crushed beer and soda cans we had accumulated over the months (a good couple hundred dollars.)

needless to say he was removed from the house quite UN-pleasantly.

never under estimate idiocy.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I run a Lightech Quick Release (Quarter Turn) gas cap on the R6. So much easier than key.

The way I look at it, if someone is going to mess with your bike, a locked gas cap won't change their mind.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
I am debating getting a "Racing Gap Cap" because I am intersted in having an all black gas cap and would rather not deal with painting my stock one..

Anyone have any input on these??
why not take to the stock one with a Sharpie pen?:p

·
Registered
958 Posts
Why don't you go back to the dealer, they should fix this for you :confused:

·
Registered
813 Posts
Why don't you go back to the dealer, they should fix this for you :confused:
Because its warranty ran out 3 years ago? Haven't found a decent place to get repairs and services done yet. Two iv been too so far are ripp offs. If I could find the damn part I'm more than happy to do it myself, or my heavy vehicle mechanic friend will do it free lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
31 Posts
damn Harley riders lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
You have clearly never gone through an ugly divorce, my ex put in 3 liters of water and half a bag of sugar in my truck tank.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
My gas cap does the same, I found that if I push down on the cap whilst unlocking/locking it is much easier to get open and closed. Found the problem was that the cap mechanism sits a little higher so requires a bit of a push to get it in. This may help you al ittle in trying to get yours open, push down on the cap as you are unlocking with the key and see how she goes......

·
Registered
813 Posts
My gas cap does the same, I found that if I push down on the cap whilst unlocking/locking it is much easier to get open and closed. Found the problem was that the cap mechanism sits a little higher so requires a bit of a push to get it in. This may help you al ittle in trying to get yours open, push down on the cap as you are unlocking with the key and see how she goes......
That worked for a while, but its just getting ridiculous now... 3 bent keys trying to get it open lol going to try WD40 in the lock, the rear seat lock is getting almost to the same point aswell.... might just be old worn locks? :confused:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts