Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was chilling at the local park and I was about to head to the store for a drink, and a guy I just met who had a Nissan 350z was also going to the store for a drink. I jokingly ask, "Wanna race?" :) I always joke around with my friends asking if they want to race, this guy said "Yeah, follow me to the store." :eek:

So I did.. and when I got there I said so where do you want to do this? He said.. "Anywhere.. how about on the way back to the park? that short strip of road?" Sure I said. So I followed him and we pulled beside each other, we were going to race to the end of the block (the street is 2 blocks long). So.. 1..2..3 and we're off! I got a tad head start on him, but I can hear his tires screeching as he's accelerating. By the end of the block I'm going 75mph and he's still behind me so I won!

We arrived back to the park and he said, "Wow that bike is fast for a 300!" I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear haha! :D:D:D

Does anyone else have any race stories? This was my first(and maybe last) "race". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was chilling at the local park and I was about to head to the store for a drink, and a guy I just met who had a Nissan 350z was also going to the store for a drink. I jokingly ask, "Wanna race?" :) I always joke around with my friends asking if they want to race, this guy said "Yeah, follow me to the store." :eek:

So I did.. and when I got there I said so where do you want to do this? He said.. "Anywhere.. how about on the way back to the park? that short strip of road?" Sure I said. So I followed him and we pulled beside each other, we were going to race to the end of the block (the street is 2 blocks long). So.. 1..2..3 and we're off! I got a tad head start on him, but I can hear his tires screeching as he's accelerating. By the end of the block I'm going 75mph and he's still behind me so I won!

We arrived back to the park and he said, "Wow that bike is fast for a 300!" I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear haha! :D:D:D

Does anyone else have any race stories? This was my first(and maybe last) "race". :rolleyes:
I've raced a ve 2012 ssv ute

Absolutely demolished him until you hit around 100kph mark then it's when they leave you for dead:but power to weight ratio 300are quick as they don't weigh much

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
38 Posts
Before, i would have definitely raced anyone willing; now with 2 speeding tickets (wasnt even racing, just unlucky), i would not dare risk another one because i would lose my bike :( Just leaving the racing for the track and closed roads.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Hi , I'm from Georgia PD , thank you for let me know you ride over 75MPH on local. Please contact ur nearest police office to get a speeding ticket .

out of interest, would the o/p if he showed up to his local PD and get his ticket would he also have to appear in court as well? i would have thought so for going so fast in a suburban area

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Street racing in Va will get both vehicles confiscated and you still get to pay off the loan with no vehicle.

regards
Mech
ah ! now that is interesting. there is an "anti-hoon" law in a few states of Australia & your car can be taken off you for a month or two at a time, repeat offenders have the privilege of having their car sold at auction or even crushed in a car crusher *AND* they still have their loan to pay off... lol

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I think hear we get wreckless endangerment, and display of power. These are huge tickets and you must appear in court. If your not going to use a track, at least find an open road away from everything. Our police have marked 1/4 mile in which they monitor by helicopter. They use it to see if you are speeding. The kids use it as a drag strip.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I drag raced my cousins 2009 bmw 335i. I was hanging with him till about 80 then he started to really pull away. I was sad for a little while then I cheered up when I realized my starter beginner bike was still able to hang with a twin turbo sportscar

Now I gotta find me a 350 to go after.

Or a g35. I used to drive a g it would be most interesting to race one now

1 - 20 of 25 Posts