Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this yet? Would an R6 throttle tube work on this bike?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh good. My tendonitis is acting up again and the r6 has a shorter turn. Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
I played with modding the stock tube with epoxy and cut zip ties. You can only get so far that way. I tried to cheat the housing with some light grinding and ended up botching it so I just went with a full R6 throttle complete and wired for just a starter button. :eek:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I played with modding the stock tube with epoxy and cut zip ties. You can only get so far that way. I tried to cheat the housing with some light grinding and ended up botching it so I just went with a full R6 throttle complete and wired for just a starter button. :eek:
What year r6 tube will work?

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
I put in an '04 R1 throttle tube in mine, it does feel like the turn is a bit shorter, been using it for over a month, I like it over all. R6 throttle diameter might be a tiny bit bigger than the R1's, but not sure if you can tell the difference.

Installation was simple, open up the 2 screws, put in new tube and it's done. Make sure throttle have a smooth release when you install it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Zip-Tie Mod! You Need This.

all I can say is wow, if you don't know what this is its very simple, all you are doing is glueing a 3in piece of zip tie to the throttle linkage part of your throttle grip.

Soooooo much of a difference, the throttle response is amazing and the power comes on so much more readily. Makes downshifting and rev matching the rpms childs play.

DO IT, you can always take the zip tie off.

this is the write up I read

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26270

I literally spent 3$ on krazy glue and nothing else to do this

·
Registered
707 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
FYI you can also buy an R6 throttle tube on eBay for about $8 and achieve similar (better) results without having to worry about the glue coming undone.

It's direct swap.

that's not a bad solution either and I cant imagine it getting any better!!! but say if I were installing clip ons a new throttle tube needs to be a must in the shopping cart

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did the zip tie. Bloody glue didn't stick it to anything. $7 r6 tube is way better and safer.

·
Registered
362 Posts
FYI you can also buy an R6 throttle tube on eBay for about $8 and achieve similar (better) results without having to worry about the glue coming undone.

It's direct swap.
Year????

·
Registered
630 Posts
I put an R6 throttle tube on my bike a long time ago. The part number for the one I purchased is 5SL-26240-01-00. I paid $10.42 for it from partzilla.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts