Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off i am a newb so some of my questions maybe be obvious to some so sorry for that

im 6'2 150 pounds will i have any problems fitting this bike i know i need to test it to see

some people say thier foot hits the exhaust i wear about a 12-12/1/2 depending on the shoes will this be a problem ?

thiers been some people saying that its has been stalling alot has this been adressed by kawa or anything figuerd out for it ? would also like some more info about what its actually doing

was going to get a 250 but i commute on the freeway alot would the 300 be better for me in that aspect ?

any other info you guys could give me would be aprriciated than kyou

·
Registered
561 Posts
Welcome Bean Pole.... ;) J/K...

I'm 6'1" and 200 pounds I have no problems on the 300 at all. Regarding the stalling issue, I've had it stall on me one time and I blame that on me for not letting it warm up as it happened within the first block coming up to a stop sign with the clutch in. Never had a problem since, but then again I always let it warm up before I take off....

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yes, you are a bit tall. The bike fits someone about 5'7" perfectly. That's not to say someone over 6' can't ride the bike, but your legs will be a little cramped and the bike will feel small after a very short time. Having said that, it's still a good bike. Almost certainly though you will outgrow the bike in just a few months. You might consider a 650r, which is heavier and has an inch taller seat for a first bike too, or better yet if you are like most new riders you are likely to drop the bike within the first few weeks of riding, so a used bike like the Ninja 250r or 650r or SV650 makes more sense and will save you money most likely. Since you are so slim, though, there is some advantage to a lighter bike. It is easy to drop a bike just moving in and out of your garage if it feels heavy to you. Lots to think about. Really, most sport bikes work better for someone taller, just not the 300 or 250r so much.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol yeha im pretty skinny :D thansk for the info i see you live in So Cal thats where i am at do you ever take your bike on 101 or anything if so how does it do ? @ Krispy Kreme

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@DKW thanks i was actually considering a bigger bike but after i thought about it i realized i dont really need it i like speed but honestly around here i dont even think i would be able to push it very high i also like the idea ofa fairly light bike

·
Registered
80 Posts
It will pull you just fine. Id say comfort will be biggest issue but with riser and rearsets you can make it more roomy. And your feet will probably hit it. I wear 9 and mine hit it. Its not gonna do any damage so no biggie. And I only got 400 miles so far but mine never stalled

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
I am 5'8 180 lbs and the bike is just fine and fast enough. My buddy is 5'11 and 210lbs and his CBR250 runs just fine (a little slower, obviously)

The CBR250 is smaller and he is clearly a lot bigger than you (not in height but...)

This bike will perform.

Plus - me and my girl ride on it together. We're about 310lbs together.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm 6ft and wear a size 10. I love the bike. It should be a great fit for you. You may or may not out grow the bike. It's a personal preference. For a new rider (such as myself) I didn't want too much power, but the 250 will leave you wanting/needing much more. I wanted something I could grow with, perhaps in a year or 2, I'll change my mind. As for getting used, thats another personal preference. I didn't want someone elses potential problem. Good luck on the hunt!

·
Registered
561 Posts
lol yeha im pretty skinny :D thansk for the info i see you live in So Cal thats where i am at do you ever take your bike on 101 or anything if so how does it do ? @ Krispy Kreme

sorry never been on the 101, i'm a little further south, down in San Diego. The bike has plenty of power though, I've had it up to 94 mph and no real bad vibrations or anything....

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm 6'3" 200 lbs and I wear a size 13-14. The bike does just fine with me and I commute on the 15. I have owned an 03 GSXR-750 and that bike didnt feel as small but it was less nimble. I am usually looking out as far as my footing goes, but you should have your toes on the pegs and heels up. The stock exhaust should be low. The bike hasn't stalled on me once.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
134 Posts
This might be helpful:

Www.cycle-ergo.com

You pick a bike from the menu, enter your height and inseam and it will provide a custom graphic showing how you will be positioned on the bike (with angles, distances, etc.)

Select 'foot down' and you'll see your foot position in relationship to the ground.

Choose wisely & ride safe!

Sent from my iPod touch using MO Free

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey BamBam, I am a new rider that lives in so call. The 101 is a great ride, I try to do it at least once a week. I am 6 foot and am 175 pounds and this bike pulls me no problem. I think that I might outgrow this bike, but I want to spend at least a year with it before I consider moving up. It really is a great bike to learn on and you will love it.

@krispy, what part of San Diego do you live in? I live in Northern San Diego and the 101 goes all the way down to downtown San Diego, If you have never rode the 101 I would really look into it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thansk for all the info guys ill keep researching but as of now this bike seems like the best fit for me

·
Registered
805 Posts
I have no clue on the height as I'm short 5 8 but as far as shoe size I wear a 13 and have no issues hitting anything it's all in where you position your feet. on bicycles my feet always hit the floor after my feet got abnormally large for my size so I just naturally adjust myself because of that I guess

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm 6' even and about 190 lbs and feel a little cramped on the 300. I'm looking at buying some rearsets for added comfort and to get my knees closer to the bike and under the tank. I'm not trying to steer you off the 300, it's a great bike. You may want to sit on a honda 500. They list for $5500 (naked) or $6000 for the full fairing model. You willl have more power for highway speed but the trade-off is they are heavier and don't have the looks of the ninja. The seat is much more comfortable and it's a taller bike for larger beginner riders. After sitting on this bike at the international motorcycle show i was impressed.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
with regards to the stalling issue, someone posted here a few days ago the fix for it is to adjust the clutch cable. when it is being pulled it is no fully disengaging the clutch and causing it to stall.

my 300 se abs doesn't do this, infact the day i picked it up it was the first thing i tested and its fine.if you don't know how to adjust the clutch cable and your 300 is doing it, take it to the dealer and let them sort it

·
Registered
27 Posts
Stalls

I think the stall issue probably isn't as wide spread as people think. Maybe a few people have had this problem, whiel the rest are new and
"stall" because they forgot to put the kickstand up before they try to take off. I'm new to riding myself and I did this and instantly thought of the stall issue before doing anything thinking because I read these forums. A lot of us newbies ride this bike and I wouldn't trust too much Info about bike issues unless its comming from one of the posters with good riding expernice. Riding a bike is so diffrent from even driving a standard car and I personally think a lot of issues might be user error. After all, I had one and I'm a mechanic that works on just about all types of equipment. I also think this bike would do fine on the freeway. I haven't had the chance myself yet, but there is a small strip on my morning commute where I go 60 and the RPMs are not up that high. Maybe at 80 they would be but at slower highway speeds I don't see any problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts