Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have never touched a bike before and am very interested. I live in DE and one reason why I would like one is because most places from point A to B is more than 30 mins. I am told to get a used bike, but I am a bit picky. The person at the dealership said if I have the money to blow, to spend it on the ninja 300. I saw that bike and almost fell in love. But at the same time, a friend tells me I will grow out of it quickly and should just get an old $1000 bike to start with. Honestly, I do not want to do that, if I were to spend a lot of money I'd at least want to do get something nice and yes, $1k and $5k is a huge difference i know but I want a nice bike for my first. I am scared that, like my 2010 camaro, I will want to get something else in 2 years or less.

My only doubt is I will grow out of it to soon and want something else. My question is, will most of you that have the ninja 300 grow out of it soon? How do you all feel about the bike? or should I just save the money and get a 600cc used?

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
You will always outgrow anything you get.

Do you still have the same tv from your childhood? Same gaming console? Same clothes? Same first car? Same hairdo?

That being said, this is a GREAT starter bike and one that even the veterans are picking up.

I use this example...

What's more fun? Taking the 300 and whipping it around town and pushing it to it's limit, or buying a 600/1k and never leaving 3rd gear?

This is my first bike and I have only had it for 2 months, but I don't have any plans for getting a new bike ANY time soon. First, I can't afford a bigger bike w/ insurance and just the MSRP alone. Second, I am having a lot of fun learning about motorcycles and modding what I do have.

·
Registered
219 Posts
You can't go wrong with the 300 I could have gotten a 3013 zx6r, but I picked the 300. First because this is my first bike I will own, and I wanted to really learn to ride a bike hard. You can rip thru the gears in the 300, and just have have with this bike. The 300 is prolly the best bike you can start with in my eyes, I would have never gotten a different bike to own as my first one.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
167 Posts
Outgrowing our "toys"

You will always outgrow anything you get.
He's right, you know? Just a suggestion, but in my experience getting back to riding after quite a few "dry" years, there are some left-over 2012 new models. I paid mid-$4K for my 300, then found a new 2012 Ninja 650 for $5,999 OTD, so bought a Passon Red one to keep the Ebony 300 company ( am going to let friends and relatives ride one while I ride the other: widowed / lonely). Nonetheless, the 300 is very capable in all respects, it is very well suited to the hill country and Blue Ridge Parkway here, knowing DE to be flat, unless you need to run 75-80, its adequate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! I did some research and saw some videos on reviews and a lot of people say the 300 is the bike to get right now for beginners. I definitely seeing myself getting this bike. Seems right that ripping through gears sounds more fun than staying within 2nd-3rd gear. Hopefully I will be getting the bike by end of February or Mid-March. Can't wait!!! THANKS!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
This is the first road bike I have ever owned less than 599cc.
ZX6R, CB900C were my most recent bikes before getting a 300.
I guess you could say I "outgrew" the 300 before I bought it.
Friend of mine has a ZX14, and he is planning on picking up a 300 as well.

Ride your own ride. If you decide you outgrew it, get another bike.

I was going to get a 250 after riding one, until I found out the 300 was coming out.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
First bike as well. If I could do it all over again, I would've gotten the same EXACT bike. Only thing I look to change is the front sprocket to a 15T as opposed to a 14T. Make that first gear more useable. Exhaust coming soon....but this bike is a blast. Around city and highway riding it performs. Gas is outstanding and even the veteran riders say they love my bike.

Get thumbs up from kids, adults, women, etc.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My first was a ´73 Honda 500-4 bought used in´78 for $550.

If I were suddenly a young person now choosing a first bike, but with the magical benefit of 35 years of ownership experience in my head to temper judgment, I would not hesitate to go with the 300.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts