Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i want to get the 300 but my new job requires some time on the freeway (hwy 101) everyone is ushually at like 75mph lol.
so i was wondering has anybody been riding on thier? does the 300 do good? or will i need something a little bigger ? i dont want to buy the bike then it not be enough

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i really want this bike because i though i was only going to do city with a little freeway but now looks like city with quite abit of freeway so just want to be 100% sure before i commite to it :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Highway speeds are not a problem. I sometimes find myself hitting 90 without realizing. I drive on 101 a lot.
thanks guys going to get mine right after my MSF :D was just worried about the pull after about 80 but if you guys have no problems then i shouldnt either

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
I ride 103mph all the time

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
the 300 will cruize easy at 100 kmph for many hours, i bought my ride on janurary 25th, and the next 2 days i put up 850 kilometres, majority of it on the highway, it does it in its stride

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thank you for this thread! You have proved the dealer and my hubby wrong *high fave to ya'll*

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
dont let anyone tell you the 300 is only good for beginner riders or it cant do this or it cant do that cos its only 300 cc. that is the biggest pile of crap its not funny. this bike is a extremely good bike for rookies and advanced riders and in the hands of someone who knows what their doing this bike is a formidable street weapon and handles beautifully thats for sure. its such an underrated bike and a great all rounder. its more of a sports tourer then sports bike.thats the reason i bought it.i love sports tourer's. however i wouldnt go two up with my wife on the back of this bike thats for sure, she has her own licence and bike to ride. but for a solo rider, this is a fantastic underrated sports tourer.i love my ninja 300 to bits.awesome stuff

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i want a bike i can keep for quite a long time and not need to upgrade hence the freeway question but if this pulls fine on the freeway then im deffenitly getting it :D

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
i will be keeping my 300 for at least 5 years, possibly a lot longer then that.thats why i went nuts from word go to put on a +1 front sprocket, rack and the other goodies as well.
having said that, i took my eldest son, 14, today and we spent at least 3 hours riding round town with it today and honestly it never skipped a beat and did it quite comfortably. it was great.

as with any bike on the highway, dont expect it to take off in 6th gear, kick it back 2 cogs and open it full throttle and put a smile on yer dial :))

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i will be keeping my 300 for at least 5 years, possibly a lot longer then that.thats why i went nuts from word go to put on a +1 front sprocket, rack and the other goodies as well.
having said that, i took my eldest son, 14, today and we spent at least 3 hours riding round town with it today and honestly it never skipped a beat and did it quite comfortably. it was great.

as with any bike on the highway, dont expect it to take off in 6th gear, kick it back 2 cogs and open it full throttle and put a smile on yer dial :))
sounds like you had fun :D and i have been reading deffinetly want to swap to a15T sprocket and some sliders so if/when i drop it (knock on wood):D

and if this bike does good all around going to try to keep it long as possible guess thiers always mods to get some more speed if i really need it

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
if your going to keep it for some time, i highly recommend the +1 sprocket, k&n air cleaner and either slipon or full system (what ever you can afford) and a power commander 5 (mine gets fitted wednesday 6th march)

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
forgive my noobness but what is the power commander for ? and i will deffinetly look into the things you mentioned
a power commander is basically a small computer that runs inline to the onboard computer on your bike that controls the EFI (electronic fuel injection)

here is the manufacture link here

more info here
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommanders.aspx?mk=27&mdl=445&yr=2013&pc=17-046&mk-n=Kawasaki&mdl-n=EX300&pc-ver=PCV&add-mdlyrid=17-046&add-mdlyrid2=17-046&fullstr=17-046&prod-type=Powercommander%20V%20%28Fuel%20and%20Ignition%29
what it lets you do is control the air/fuel/timing of the bike for best power/performance thru the entire rev range and with it you can get very close to a very straight and linear power curve on the bike.

unfortunately all bikes the run EFI off the show room floor pretty much since day dot of efi coming out have run lean under about 6000 rpm as they need to meet emission standards. becuase its lean, your misssing out on some extra smiles when you open the throttle, lol

the company that produces it have some maps for it , or you can take it to someone how knows what they are doing with a dyno and they can set it up for you.

i havent got mine fitted to my 300 yet, but i did it to my vfr800 over 12 years ago, and it was a new bike to ride, the power difference from it was incredible.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts