Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking for riding boots and came across the SIDI APEX boots, which are the shorter version of the SIDI VERTIGO.

Do you guys think that such boots will be fine and comfortable for regular street use ?

I was also looking into riding shoes but none has caught my attention and I feel as if they don't provide any protection.

I'm afraid to buy full boots as I heard they are mainly meant for track use.

http://www.sidisport.com/eng/scheda.php?&id=42&macro=2

Here is a link to the boots I am interested in.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
So I am looking for riding boots and came across the SIDI APEX boots, which are the shorter version of the SIDI VERTIGO.

Do you guys think that such boots will be fine and comfortable for regular street use ?

I was also looking into riding shoes but none has caught my attention and I feel as if they don't provide any protection.

I'm afraid to buy full boots as I heard they are mainly meant for track use.

http://www.sidisport.com/eng/scheda.php?&id=42&macro=2

Here is a link to the boots I am interested in.

There is nothing wrong with wearing full boots on the street. If anything, the street is more hazardous than the track and you can use all the protection you can get.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had exactly the same dilemma as you and I got riding boots - sidi vertigo and I do not regret it a bit. When you go down these boots will save your leg.

Even though they are a little awkward when you walk, it is not impossible to walk in them. They are comfortable. I suggest you try them on at you local store. That is what I did. I also got 15% off at the local shop.

Do not be afraid of anything - just get it. You never know if one day you may decide to try track as well and you would have the boots ready.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
All of the shorty riding boots mean you sacrifice shin and ankle protection for a tiny bit of comfort. You'll adjust to full sized boots relatively quickly.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Cortech makes good stuff at a good price. Not to mention they make things towards the American sizes. So the sizes will be wider than Sidi or A*.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the more boots I look at, the more confused i'm getting.

oh man.. i'm really stumped.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have a pair of axo 5 to 9 riding shoes and smx 5. I can easily wear the boots all day long and still comfy enough to walk in to do the shopping or what not. Since getting the boots the axo sit on the sideline. I prefer the harder sole of the boot for riding.

·
Registered
292 Posts
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/cortech-latigo-waterproof-rr-boot

I just got these in yesterday, they felt good when I put them on and the zipper has a velcro tag so you know it wont come undone.
Wore them in 70 degree weather for a few hours today and I had minimal sweat and no discomfort, have room to tuck my pants into as well.
They made my feet a little bigger so I had to adjust my shift lever one notch.
Overall I'm very pleased with my purchase, only thing is I wish they made a 9.5 but the 10 fits very well, I doubt I would be comfortable in the 9.
Revzilla does free exchanges if you order the wrong size!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I currently have the A* SMX Plus. I feel very well protected in them and they're extremely comfortable. Mine get a bit hot, but that's only because I didn't get the ventilated version. Otherwise, I could wear them all day and have no problems.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have Sidi Vertigo's, they are very comfortable for riding and for walking. I'm not talking a 5K or anything but i can ride to the mall and shop for a few hours no problem.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have Sidi Vertigo's, they are very comfortable for riding and for walking. I'm not talking a 5K or anything but i can ride to the mall and shop for a few hours no problem.
If budget wasn't really an issue, I would soooooo go for them.:(

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/cortech-latigo-waterproof-rr-boot

I just got these in yesterday, they felt good when I put them on and the zipper has a velcro tag so you know it wont come undone.
Wore them in 70 degree weather for a few hours today and I had minimal sweat and no discomfort, have room to tuck my pants into as well.
They made my feet a little bigger so I had to adjust my shift lever one notch.
Overall I'm very pleased with my purchase, only thing is I wish they made a 9.5 but the 10 fits very well, I doubt I would be comfortable in the 9.
Revzilla does free exchanges if you order the wrong size!

I am really considering purchasing these boots as my first riding boots. However I typically wear 9 to 9.5, some cases a size 10. Unfortunately Revzilla does not have the size 9's in stock. Contemplating if I should just try the 10.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I am really considering purchasing these boots as my first riding boots. However I typically wear 9 to 9.5, some cases a size 10. Unfortunately Revzilla does not have the size 9's in stock. Contemplating if I should just try the 10.

Just FYI concerning the Latigo's, I believe and hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but the Latigo's are more of a track boot than a street boot. And by that I mean they are not like a typical boot that goes straight up your calf, they have that 10-20% forward angle for supposed comfort in a tuck position.

Not sure if I'm explaining this well but here's some keyboard characters to show what I mean:

Boot #1: _| Boot straight up your calf

Latigo's: _\ Boot at angle

so if you plan on doing any walking in them they can be uncomfortable after a while.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Track boots can be pretty comfy for regular riding and come on and off very quickly due to many having a full zipper up the sides. They offer a lot of protection and will slide vs catching when you have a come off. They'll also be fine to walk in for short distances. I wouldn't want to walk in them all day though. Motorcycle boots are a specialty item with a specific form and function that lends itself to riding and maximum protection for that environment. A good riding boot for protection will be a very firm boot with a solid toe box and padding and hard plastic armor and sliders. That stiffness though can comprise comfort for long term walking. You don't want to be doing a hiking session in motorcycle boots.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts