Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I am just wanting to check if this is just occuring with me. Since I purchased my bike 2 weeks ago it seems everytime manly neigbours see my bike (while washing her) they proceed to tell me how lucky my boyfriend is for me to allow him to have the 300 or friends of ours will comment that he only let me buy because he will end up claiming it. He cant even ride!! I know its not much..but its my baby lol...anyone else getting this type of reception...and how do you play it without giving them the evil eye

·
Registered
923 Posts
I give them the evil eye! Lol. People do the same to me. Other women have even assumed my bike or car is my husband's.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
733 Posts
I may not be a lady but that is just how it is because so few women ride. It is part of the sport and he is a lucky man because of it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
839 Posts
My husband and I both ride, two bikes in driveway...no dumb comments come that way.

I have gotten the "hey cutie" at lights while riding alone, or astonishing looks when im at work and explain I ride a street bike but never really had any negative comments so im afraid that I am of no help here.

Shrug it off, and be proud that YOU own a bike. Forget what others think, bump em!

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
i like girls that like video games, i like girls that ride, i like girls that drive modded cars.

the only problem is finding one of those girls that a) isn't taken and b) isn't atrocious.

there are many atrocious girls out there that do one of those 3 things at an attempt to pick up a boyfriend only...i see so many girls in the car/bike scene that are so ugly its crazy but guys flock to them because they fake a common interest lol.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Meh... I haven't received anything like that, ride my bike to work every day... had a few comments from colleagues about how cold it is and arent you afraid of being hit? but nothing like is that your boyfriends bike ....ect lol :S

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I've never gotten comments like that, but I also don't come off as very feminine especially since I cut my hair. I wear earplugs while riding so if anyone tries to yell stuff at me, I don't hear it anyway haha.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i like girls that like video games, i like girls that ride, i like girls that drive modded cars.

the only problem is finding one of those girls that a) isn't taken and b) isn't atrocious.

there are many atrocious girls out there that do one of those 3 things at an attempt to pick up a boyfriend only...i see so many girls in the car/bike scene that are so ugly its crazy but guys flock to them because they fake a common interest lol.
o_O

They're riding, aren't they? They're modding, aren't they? They're gaming, aren't they?

Ah, but if you're ugly... it doesn't count.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts